What Kind of Fan Are You? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What Kind of Fan Are You?

bumblebee1

Rinkside
As for skating disciplines, I like singles and pairs. I don't really get that much into ice dancing. With singles and pairs, there are straight forward elements that can be compared. In dance, there doesn't seem to be a way that one routine can be compared to another.

During the season, I can watch a lot of skating. I do have to be careful not to watch too much. I can burn out so easily. That's what happened during the 2002 Olympics. After Worlds, I couldn't bring myself to watch skating until the start of the season.

mmandel

On the Ice
Re: What Kind of Fan Are You?

I'm a couch-sitting, remote control-pushing skating fan. :D

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Previously, I didn't much care for the dance but the last few years have liked it just as much as the rest. I LOVE them all. I also sort of plan my life around them. I wish I could see more live.
I have taped just about anything and everything there is on tv and haven't kept up on getting them organized nor edited. So, if I ever get laid up and that's all I can do, then I will try to catch up. After both the surgeries I had in the last few years thought I would catch up then but I just got to feeling too well to sit around. How's that for a 74 year old gramma!;)

Last edited:

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
I'm a fan of the sport - I'm just passionate about skating, and often when I'm not doing it, I'm thinking about it, conditioning for it, reading technical publications about it, and watching instructional videos for it.

While I love to watch a good performance (solo, pairs, dance), I don't really follow individual skaters much except to get ideas for things I might try or strive for. I'm woefully ignorant of the various skaters, their strengths, etc. It's one of the reasons I enjoy lurking from time to time on "The Edge" side of Golden Skate, because I love all of your thoughtful posts and good-natured arguing about various skaters.

But let me say that I absolutely understand why so many of you are fanatical about your favorites--skating is an awesome sport! For those who have never done it themselves, it may be hard to understand just how grueling and difficult it can be, because of course your fave skater makes it look absolutely effortless!

aly*cutie

On the Ice
i am a big fan of skating. I really like ladies and pairs. I hate to miss events on tv, I just love watching skating. :)

Rachael

On the Ice
Ladies is my favorite. Then men and pairs. Dance is my least favorite but I like some teams.

Sweetie

Rinkside
I'm a dance fan, primarily. Dance is such a hard discipline. It's easy for those who just watch to comment on how easy it is, but if you did what the ice dancers do day in and day out, you'd know that it's just as strenuous, if not more, than singles/pairs skaters who do jump.

B

BeccaR

Mens is my fav, then ladies & pairs, don't really care for dance.
Have fav skaters in each of them.