Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sasha's name removed from roster at Madison Square Garden site

Hybrid View

Master Procrastinator

Sasha's name removed from roster at Madison Square Garden site

Over at FSU there is a thread stating that Sasha's name has been removed from the roster at the MSG site. Anyone know what's going on? Here's the link to FSU, which has the link to MSG:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&threadid=6718

Always Dream
    oh wow I wonder what that is all about?

Custom Title
    Maybe Sasha thinks she should work on her programs a bit more. The report said she fell on a crossover, which as she is an elite skater, should not be doing. And it also seems unlikely that they would forget to list an elite skater like Sasha.

Tripping on the Podium
    I think her name is just not on there, she will be there.

Custom Title
    The website probably hasn't recovered from the virus/ worm attack, it will be fixed after the next update. I am sure Sasha will be there.
    Last edited by rtureck; 09-07-2003 at 12:33 PM.

I like Sasha a lot so this is not a bash.

She is facing the World Champion in that Campbell's contest, and she wants to win it or have her fans say she should have. After the presumably poor skate (poor in terms for her) in Sun Valley(?) I think Sasha is using strategy by getting back to the run-through sessions with TT to be certain her GP skates are the best!

I think she is doing the right thing although, I must admit, I wasn't bowled over by MK in last year's Campbells. Campbell;s is basically a run-through with the new routine, the new music, the new costume before the real action starts. Sasha is a seasoned skater by now and she had her run-through in Sun Valley. She knows what she has to do.

I wish Campbells would be open to more skaters besides the top tier. AP is the only one contestant that hasn't had so much exposure. The second tier skaters could really use this contest.

Joe

Master Procrastinator
    According to one of the posts in the FSU thread, Sasha can not just drop out of this "competition". She would be under contract from the USFSA to participate, unless there is illness or injury. Being that it is still a month away, it can't be illness. Maybe a fake injury? Let's hope there is no real injury and that the web site is just wrong.

Joe - I agree with you about Campbells. Dick and Peggy always seem so disappointed that the skaters are rusty and the programs unfinished. I never know if the disappointment is legit or for the sake of the audience.

Skater Girl
    I think the website is wrong. Sasha's bad performance at Sun Valley was due to breaking in her new skates and that's understandable. It's still listed as something she's going to on her official site.

TT is the Queen of Politics. She is particularly famous for not letting her skaters be seen in subpar form, and for finding excuses to make it all legit.

I hope she is there. Although not my favorite skater, I am impressed by her talent when she puts it all together. Plus, with TT being her coach, she is certain to have unique programs. I am getting excited! Is it time yet???

She'd better there. I paid top dollar for this ticket.

Pitchka - Your description of TT is

Joe

Custom Title
    TT is the queen of politics and more:D

Tripping on the Podium
    she will be there, no doubt.

Tripping on the Podium
    The list of skaters produced by clicking on Michelle's picture at the MSG website now includes Sasha's name.

Michelle Kwan Fan
    Good for her! I'm glad that Sasha will be there. I can't wait to see her, Michelle and Irina, among others. :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast