Sasha's name removed from roster at Madison Square Garden site | Golden Skate

Sasha's name removed from roster at Madison Square Garden site

dewet

Final Flight
Maybe Sasha thinks she should work on her programs a bit more. The report said she fell on a crossover, which as she is an elite skater, should not be doing. And it also seems unlikely that they would forget to list an elite skater like Sasha.

rtureck

Final Flight
The website probably hasn't recovered from the virus/ worm attack, it will be fixed after the next update. I am sure Sasha will be there.

Last edited:
I like Sasha a lot so this is not a bash.

She is facing the World Champion in that Campbell's contest, and she wants to win it or have her fans say she should have. After the presumably poor skate (poor in terms for her) in Sun Valley(?) I think Sasha is using strategy by getting back to the run-through sessions with TT to be certain her GP skates are the best!

I think she is doing the right thing although, I must admit, I wasn't bowled over by MK in last year's Campbells. Campbell;s is basically a run-through with the new routine, the new music, the new costume before the real action starts. Sasha is a seasoned skater by now and she had her run-through in Sun Valley. She knows what she has to do.

I wish Campbells would be open to more skaters besides the top tier. AP is the only one contestant that hasn't had so much exposure. The second tier skaters could really use this contest.

Joe

Lucy25

Final Flight
According to one of the posts in the FSU thread, Sasha can not just drop out of this "competition". She would be under contract from the USFSA to participate, unless there is illness or injury. Being that it is still a month away, it can't be illness. Maybe a fake injury? Let's hope there is no real injury and that the web site is just wrong.

Joe - I agree with you about Campbells. Dick and Peggy always seem so disappointed that the skaters are rusty and the programs unfinished. I never know if the disappointment is legit or for the sake of the audience.

Lanie

On the Ice
I think the website is wrong. Sasha's bad performance at Sun Valley was due to breaking in her new skates and that's understandable. It's still listed as something she's going to on her official site.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
TT is the Queen of Politics. She is particularly famous for not letting her skaters be seen in subpar form, and for finding excuses to make it all legit.

amykaren

On the Ice
I hope she is there. Although not my favorite skater, I am impressed by her talent when she puts it all together. Plus, with TT being her coach, she is certain to have unique programs. I am getting excited! Is it time yet???

valuvsmk

Rinkside
The list of skaters produced by clicking on Michelle's picture at the MSG website now includes Sasha's name.

euterpe

Medalist
Joesitz said:
I like Sasha a lot so this is not a bash.

She is facing the World Champion in that Campbell's contest, and she wants to win it or have her fans say she should have. After the presumably poor skate (poor in terms for her) in Sun Valley(?) I think Sasha is using strategy by getting back to the run-through sessions with TT to be certain her GP skates are the best!

I think she is doing the right thing although, I must admit, I wasn't bowled over by MK in last year's Campbells. Campbell;s is basically a run-through with the new routine, the new music, the new costume before the real action starts. Sasha is a seasoned skater by now and she had her run-through in Sun Valley. She knows what she has to do.

I wish Campbells would be open to more skaters besides the top tier. AP is the only one contestant that hasn't had so much exposure. The second tier skaters could really use this contest.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
Michelle had not originally intended to skate in last year's Campbell's. She substituted at the last minute for an ailing Irina, so it is no wonder that no one was bowled over by her performance there. She did win, though.

I could preface this post with a big fan boost of MK but everyone knows that.

In spite of my great feelings for MK, I do look at contests as objectively as I can. she was not at her best last Campbells. Maybe it was the rush to enter but I'm not really looking for excuses. Anthing can happen at Campbells. If someone comes out dead last in Campbells they can still win Worlds, imo.

Look at Campbells as a Dress Rehearsal for what is to come.

BTW, 3judges had MK in 5th place last year - Germany and Canada. So much for Western influence.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
After the long post-Olympic COI tour in 2002, Kwan had not been planning to enter any competitions until Nationals in January. Then Irina withdrew from Campbell's. Michelle literally put together that Campbell's FS program in a matter of days. Then a few weeks later, Sarah withdrew from Skate America, and Kwan had to do the same thing again with a SP.

Michelle definitely wasn't at HER best at either Campbell's or Skate America, but her less-than-best was better than what her competition could do with reasonably well-prepared programs.

Euterpe, I am always interested in the inside dope. Do you know anything about how they enticed Michelle into doing thse competitons? Did they "make her an offer she couldn't refuse?" Did they give her a ton of money? Appeal to her along the lines of, please save our show? Would she have gotten in trouble with the USFSA if she hadn't?

Michelle just totally rocked last season.

Mathman