Another Loss | Golden Skate

Another Loss

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you may remember my friend Casey who lost her son moments after birth... another friend of mine lost her three and a half year old son Friday night. It was quite sudden and most of us didn't expect it at all. Everything was supposedly going fine as far as his recovery was concerned, or so we thought.

please keep the Sturman/Allemann families in your prayers...

Seth Ryker Sturman was born with Crouzons Syndrom, a genetic defect that effects the growth of the bones in the skull and face. Seth has had 8 surgeries as of September 08 including:
- Repair of Pyloric Stynosis
- VP Shunt
- Repair of Groinal Hernias
- Restructure of back of Skull
- Removal of Tonsils and Adnoids
- Restructure of front of Skull (pulling forhead out 1" - 1 1/2")
- Repair of Chiari Malformation
- Lefort III, Rigid Extraction Device

Seth passed away on September 26, 2008 after his most recent procedure. He got a blockage that restricted his breathing, which caused his brain to swell, which then caused blood flow to stop in the brain. This left Seth in a permanent coma.

Seth was a happy child and always in good spirits despite his condition. He brought much joy to those who were able to meet him and will be missed immensely by his friends and family.

His parents, Steve and Tesa, loved Seth very much and although they had a hard journey they always stayed positive knowing that God is in control of everything.

I grew up with Tesa (she is about four years older than I am) and was one of the photographers that shot their wedding. Her mom died suddenly in 1999 from a heart attack, so this is just another shocking blow to the family. I saw her dad today at church and he was so sad looking :(

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting the article link, Toni. What a heartbreaking loss for their family. :cry: They've been through so much.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the funeral will be on Saturday at the high school I attended...

I have a photo gig that will most likely prevent me from attending... so i'm praying things open up so I can go to at least part of the service.

dutchherder

Final Flight
We just had one of our students at the high school commit suicide two days ago, and a student at one of our middle schools committed suicide last week. I really hope these are bad things that don't come in threes.

just wondering

On the Ice
A beautiful tribute to a special boy who touched many lives.
And Dutchherder, sorry to read of the tragedy in your community.
Prayers to all involved. JW