Hello! | Golden Skate

Hello!

S

snowflakes

Hey Guys! I thought I would tell you a little bit about me! I hope this is in the right forum!
My name is Nicole Norris, I am 13 . and a freshman at Andover High school. THe reason I am so young in High school is becuase last year I was homeschooled and we took both 7th and 8th in 7th grade.So like the principal of the high school gave me this placement test that if i passedf it I could skip 8th. Well I passed it YAY! Ok back to abou tme lol! I live in wichita , ks , I have been skating at the Ice Sports wichita for a year now and I am testing Preliminary next month!
O yea and I just got aksed out the the Homecoming by the Hottest guy in our school! He is a juinor his name is Taylor Kready!
Omg he is so hot lol!
Okay! Enough about me ! Can you guys intro. yourselves to me so I can get to know you? Thanks a bunch! Bye!

Last edited:

Smiley0884

Rinkside
Hi! Welcome to GS! My name is Jen, I'm 17 years old, and I'm a senior in high school (finally)

I used to skate, but I was skating, dancing, and doing gymnastics, and my mom told me I had to choose only one, and I chose dancing, because I love it so much, it has a more flexible schedule, and I'm really good at it! I still like to skate for fun sometims, and I like watching at competitions, and on TV even better! I got the lead in my company's ballet, "Giselle" and I'm really excited about it! I also dance tap and jazz.

Hi, Snowflakes. I'm glad you posted. Who is your favorite skater? Only 23 more posts and you can get your avatar. (As the GS official grandfather I have to warn you, watch out for those Juniors!)

Mathman

PS. We have a special folder -- the Cafe -- for welcoming new members and chatting about this and that. Come by any time.

PPS. I just read your post in the Cafe. Ignore my last PS. :laugh:

MM

PPPS. I am a math professor in Detroit. You sound like you don't need any help in math, but I'm always here if you do.:)

Lisa

On the Ice
Hi Nicole, and welcome! :)
Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. I'm quite new here, too - as a poster (I used to lurk for a while) ;), and I really like it.

What else? mmmm - I've got two small kids, two old cats and one husband.
My favorite skaters? Yags, and Brian Joubert, Sasha Cohen, Carolina Kostner, Jenna McCorkell, Winkler/Lohse plus some others who have turned pro.
If you ever need some help with German or French, I'm a French teacher in good old Germany, feel free to ask me anytime ;).

Hey Nicole, Bienvenue, Bienveni, Wilkomen. Well, you know what I mean. Tell us more about your favorite skater.

Joe

OT

Lisa, does your offer of help with French extend to me, too? I am working on the Newsday Crossword puzzle. #1 across is:

"Terre de nos alieux preceder."

7 letters.

Any help?

Mathman

EricAba

Rinkside
Mathman,

Try "O Canada"... just a guess. ("O Canada, terre de nos aieux" is the first line of the Canadian national anthem, en francais...)

EricAba.

P.S. Hi Nicole :)

Last edited:
OCANADA it is! It goes with 1 down, "the first king of modern Greece" (OTTO). Thank you.:)

MM

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Lisa, your English is perfect. Are you North American or British by chance? If so, how did you come to live in Germany?