Mishin on figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mishin on figure skating

bekalc

Record Breaker
^
I am rather hard on Mischin and should not be. But the first Triple Jumps and Quads in competition originated in Canada. That's fact, NO?

I also believe that rotating in the air, is a gift of nature and not everyone is born with it.

I kind of think that Mischin worked on a system to assist those gifted in air rotations. For that he can be commended. IMO, without the gift, there will never be a quad.

As to Lambiel, I need dates of when he went to Mischin. I saw him Live in 2003 Worlds and he already had a 3A. And his two quads in 2004 were beauts. And lest we forget, why has he stopped working with him?

After he won his first world championships, Lambiel publically thanked Mishin for helping him learn the Triple axel. As for why Lambiel stopped working with him, it's more that Mishin stopped working with Lambiel.

He wasn't willing to work with Plushenko's main competitor. I think a deal was made a year or go where Lambiel could work with Mishin again, if Plushenko could skate in some shows, it was helped that Plushenko wasn't skating competitively. Mishin was apparently Lambiel's FIRST choice as a main coach but Mishin said NO after hearing from Plushenko that Plushenko wanted to come back.

The point is that working with Mishin has been quite beneficial for Lambiel...

And so what if the Canadians developed a lot of the jumps? Was Mishin even a coach when a lot of the jumps were developed. I think the point is that Mishin developed techniques to help people jump better, and if you look at the skaters that worked with Mishin and their accomplishments, it's quite impressive. And it's not like the Canadian men know are these great jumpers. I think Mishin has a young guy at the JGP who is landing some huge jumps.

Last edited: