• others - please list

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • none, I love the summer months

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rtureck

Final Flight
I hope everyone had a nice summer. What are some of the perils/ dangers assoicated with the summer months that are most hazardous to you?

For me #1 yellow jacket stings, I never know something that small can actually kill me, I'm big time allergic. I know someone who died of an anaphylactic shock post bee sting

#2 Sun- freckles aren't that cute, they are giant melanocytes -> sun damage.

#3 - others - the poison ivy - oak etc -> allergic reactions again

PS: I mean bee sting

Last edited:

Sadie

On the Ice
I don't like the heat and humidity at all. That is the absolute worst thing to me about summer. AUGH!!

aly*cutie

On the Ice
I voted for pool, beach drownings. Cuase this summer when i was swimming at my neighbors pool I went under and when I came up, the big inflatable tube thing that she was sitting it was there, I would have drowned if she hadn't moved.

And then at the beach I got pulled under in a current when I was boogie boarding, I couldn't feel the ground anymore, and I couldn't feel the top, and I has to use the string tied to my wrist and connected to the boogie board to to get to the board so I could pull myself up. My mom and rother were ran and waited at the shore when than happened. It was so scary!

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
The dangers I try to avoid encountering include bee stings, lightning storms, and of course excessive heat. The first two are especially harmful. Otherwise I enjoy most of the summer, going on picnics some days. :D

Blue Bead

Medalist
Poisen ivy, heat and humidity, and summer storms. I'm extremely allergic to poisen ivy. I don't know which is the worst problem with it--the itch, the swelling or the blisters! It all spells sheer misery for me, LOL. I hibernate from the heat and humidity all summer long. The summer storms in my area usually produce very strong winds, hail, lightning, hard downpours, and frequently tornados. Two years ago I watched a very large tree disintegrate next to our house when a bolt of lightening hit it. Limbs and chunks of wood went flying in every direction. I was so stunned I didn't even have the good sense to take cover, LOL. Fortunately our house wasn't damage but the tree ceased to exist.

Blue Bead

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Blue Bead, frightening about the tree. A few months ago, we had two huge palm trees in our back yard cut down. We had had some severe storms and wind just before we cut them down, and they were unnerving all of us, especially my daughter, whose bedroom was in line with the trees. We tried to find some outfit that would want the trees since they were fully grown but no luck.

I'm terrified of sharks. JAWS did me in forever.

I never sit in the sun for any length of time. If I go to the beach, I usually put up an umbrella and I use a lot of sun block. (Hey, I've got red hair, light skin and freckles... Do the math!). Seriously, a friend of a friend passed away at 25 years old from skin cancer, leaving behind a small child. It only takes one bad burn to mark you as a possible skin cancer victim later in your life. Nothing is worth that risk.

I'm not afraid of bees... I've been stung a couple of times, and my daughter has been stung, too.

Of course in San Diego, we can swim 12 months a year, and there really isn't a winter per se.

:D

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I hate mosquitoes, humidity and SNAKES! I hate to see injuries from diving in water that is too shallow or drownings due to carelessness and not using common sense. :cry:

Piel