Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Why Kwan won't go pro...ever

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Thanks Mathman ... I hear you loud and clear!!!

"Anyway, bottom line -- it's not on Michelle to step down, it's on the other ladies to step up.

Mathman"........Amen to that, Mathman..........

I find it interesting that people keep saying that Michelle needs to improve, that she needs to "up the ante", and that her skating is "sameness in itself"........what are they looking at when they watch her skate? Barry Bonds could hit a zillion home runs, and his swing is perfection.........when you do it right the first time, there's no need to "up the ante".............42
    Last edited by show 42; 09-13-2003 at 10:43 PM.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by show 42

.........when you do it right the first time, there's no need "up the ante".............42
    Right on. 42. That's also my motto at my job.

Custom Woman
    Joe,
    I think you may have misread the part of my post you referred to:
    Originally Posted by Rgirl:
    "I would agree that most Michelle fans don't care if nonKwan fans want her to retire, but it does seem to annoy a lot of them and the minority that do care sure are LOUD! From that minority, you would think that Michelle was the most hated, unfairly treated champion that ever lived. It's what I call the 'Michelle as Martyr' approach to being a Michelle fan. But it is the minority, definitely. Just as the minority of antiKwans are LOUD! So we have two relatively small groups being very LOUD about their minority opinions, IMO."

You said, "I don't think it's a question of 'hate'. I think the annoyance is that the wish for MK to retire is never really explained except a few who think it's the 'Age Thing'. It appears the retirement wishers don't want to say 'so that a younger skater can move up'."

When I say "hate" it's in the sentence, "From that minority, you would think that Michelle was the most hated, unfairly treated champion that ever lived." "Hate" refers to the claim made by a minority of Kwan fans that Michelle is always having the most terrible, horrendous things said about her (true, a minority of antiKwan fans do say terrible, horrendous things about her) and is therefore "hated" by many. The word "hate" as I used it never had anything to do with reasons those who want Michelle to retire. Although I'm sure there are some out there who want Michelle to retire because they hate her. And why do they hate her? Just because.

But of the minority who do want Michelle to retire, I agree with you that it is out of a feeling of annoyance.
    Rgirl

rGirl - At this point in MK's eligible career, and my personal feelings toward her, the minority, if that's what it is, view is totally irrelevant to me especially if their desire is for her to get out of eligible skating. It is indeed annoying because it is boring. I would be more interested in reading something more intelligent for putting MK down. I might even agree.

For MK, Irina, Elena S and L, Angela can quit whenever they want to. End of discussion. As has been said before, let the younger ones come up to MK's talent and I believe MK will take the hint. Until then she's rocking on.

Joe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6