2. Rachael Flatt
3. Kimmie Meissner

Men
1. Johnny Weir
2. Evan Lysacek
3. Adam Rippon

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Ok here we go, I was discussing this with my boyfriend tonight, well I discussed and he laughed and said,"and so it begins";) to which I replied,"it never ended, Ive always got skating on the brain":laugh: I will be honest I SUCK at predictions, since most of the time its a roll of the dice and I have personal feelings that I want to add into the mix but try and leave out

Ladies: I think this is QUITE tough to call

1) Yu-Na Kim
2) Miki Ando (depending on the day)
3) Mirai Nagasu/Rachel Flatt/Yukari Nakano (Im hoping for Mirai)

Men:

1) Johnny Weir (I hope)
2) Evan Lysacek
3) Adam Rippon
I was hoping for KVP :love:to be on the podium but he withdrew :frown: , Im rooting for Shawn Sawyer as well but I doubt he will be on the podium.

Pairs:

1) Savchenko/Szolkowy (I think the only easy prediction I made)
2) McLauchlin/Brubaker
3) Inoue/Baldwin

Ice Dance: another toughie

1) Delobel/Schoenfelder or Belbin/Agosto
2) Belbin/Agosto or Delobel/Schoenfelder
3) Samuelson/Bates
4) Kerrs

Now since I made these predictions Marchei, Reynolds, Yankawskas/Coughlin,
& Carron/Jost may just take the Gold medals like Joesitz is predicting :)

Ok here we go, I was discussing this with my boyfriend tonight, well I discussed and he laughed and said,"and so it begins";) to which I replied,"it never ended, Ive always got skating on the brain":laugh: I will be honest I SUCK at predictions, since most of the time its a roll of the dice and I have personal feelings that I want to add into the mix but try and leave out

Ladies: I think this is QUITE tough to call

1) Yu-Na Kim
2) Miki Ando (depending on the day)
3) Mirai Nagasu/Rachel Flatt/Yukari Nakano (Im hoping for Mirai)

Men:

1) Johnny Weir (I hope)
2) Evan Lysacek
3) Adam Rippon
I was hoping for KVP :love:to be on the podium but he withdrew :frown: , Im rooting for Shawn Sawyer as well but I doubt he will be on the podium.

Pairs:

1) Savchenko/Szolkowy (I think the only easy prediction I made)
2) McLauchlin/Brubaker
3) Inoue/Baldwin

Ice Dance: another toughie

1) Delobel/Schoenfelder or Belbin/Agosto
2) Belbin/Agosto or Delobel/Schoenfelder
3) Samuelson/Bates
4) Kerrs

Now since I made these predictions Marchei, Reynolds, Yankawskas/Coughlin,
& Carron/Jost may just take the Gold medals like Joesitz is predicting :)
The main reason it is difficult to pick the Ladies Division is because how much have we seen of the Ladies this season? They do improve since the last time we've seen them.

The easiest way to predict, if you must, is to predict the podium in no particular order.Your odds on being correct are more in your favor.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm surprised to hear Miki is flirting with trying the quad again. The last time she successfully landed a quad in competition, she was 14, and it was under the 6.0 system; she is now 20, and we have CoP and UR calls and penalties.

Every time she has tried the quad in competition since, she has fallen, the quad was underrotated, or both, and the adrenaline from the attempt disrupted the rest of her program. Under CoP, a failed attempt gets heavily penalized.

I don't know why Miki feels she needs the quad. If she lands all her triple jumps and skates clean, she has just as good a chance to win as anyone else. IMO, gimmicks are a distraction and can be disastrous. Kimmie Meissner found that out a couple of seasons back where she insisted on trying the 3A in a GP event. Not only did the 3A attempt fail, but the rest of her program was a hot mess.

camion

On the Ice
Hi Betty07!:rock:

Yeah, I agree w/chuckm. I don't think Miki should be too wrapped up on doing the quad. She should focus on skating clean programs throughout the GP series because she seems to waiver and falter at the conclusion of it.

Ladies:
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Miki Ando
3. Rachel Flatt>Mirai Nagasu
Rachel might have a slight advantage over Mirai since Mirai grew a few inches & her jumps seemed to be a bit underrotated because of it. So just assuming that it takes time to adjust to being taller, I think Rachel has a good chance @ the bronze. Who knows though, Mirai could get an adrenaline rush & might be able to rectify her underrotations rather quickly.

Men:
1. Johnny Weir
2. Adam Rippon
3. Evan Lysacek

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
I'm surprised to hear Miki is flirting with trying the quad again. The last time she successfully landed a quad in competition, she was 14, and it was under the 6.0 system; she is now 20, and we have CoP and UR calls and penalties.

Every time she has tried the quad in competition since, she has fallen, the quad was underrotated, or both, and the adrenaline from the attempt disrupted the rest of her program. Under CoP, a failed attempt gets heavily penalized.

I don't know why Miki feels she needs the quad. If she lands all her triple jumps and skates clean, she has just as good a chance to win as anyone else. IMO, gimmicks are a distraction and can be disastrous. Kimmie Meissner found that out a couple of seasons back where she insisted on trying the 3A in a GP event. Not only did the 3A attempt fail, but the rest of her program was a hot mess.

:agree:

It's great if Miki lands the quad in competition, and it would boost her confidence. Especially since she often lands them in practice.

On the other hand, with a clean skate, she has a good chance to win without it. So I have mixed feelings about it.

I think it's frustrating for Miki that she lands quads in practice, but hasn't landed one successfully in competition since she was 14. She wants to show all her potential, but for the quad it hasn't worked so far, in competition.

I hope she's able to fight through, and land one again ( or more throughout the season ! ). I think this would make her more happy, that she's showing all her potential. I hope this season will be a great one for her :)

enlight78

Medalist
Ladies
1. Yu-Na Kim 64.32 sp; 118.63 lp; 182.95
2. Mike Ando 60.78 sp; 110.11 lp; 171.89
3. Yukari Nakano 61.05 sp; 109.56 lp; 170.61

Men
1. Johnny Weir 76.89 sp; 146.23 lp; 223.12
2. Evan Lysacek 78.64 sp; 144.00 lp; 222.64
3. Takahiko Kozuka 71.33 sp; 132.78 lp; 204.11

all that

Final Flight
Men
Johnny WEIR USA
Evan LYSACEK USA
Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL
Adam RIPPON USA
Takahiko KOZUKA JPN
Shawn SAWYER CAN

Ladies
Miki ANDO JPN
Yu-Na KIM KOR
Yukari NAKANO JPN
Rachael FLATT USA
Mirai NAGASU USA

Pairs
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER
Keauna McLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER USA
Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS
Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN CAN
Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN USA

Dance
Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER FRA
Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA
Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR
Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES USA
Jane SUMMERSETT / Todd GILLES USA
Pernelle CARRON / Mathieu JOST FRA

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
^ Now that's what I call a PREDICTION -- down to the last hundredth of a point! :rock:

I agree 100% now thats a prediction and a half:yes::laugh::agree:

The main reason it is difficult to pick the Ladies Division is because how much have we seen of the Ladies this season? They do improve since the last time we've seen them.
Id like to think everyone has improved since we last saw them:agree: The difficulty is soo many of them are good enough to be on the podium:yes:

The easiest way to predict, if you must, is to predict the podium in no particular order.Your odds on being correct are more in your favor.
But that takes away the fun of it;)

Last edited by a moderator:

feraina

Record Breaker
Men
1) Johnny WEIR
2) Evan LYSACEK
3) Takahiko Kozuka
4) Alexander USPENSKI
5) Shawn SAWYER
6) Adam RIPPON

Ladies
1) Yu-Na KIM
2) Miki Ando
3) Kimmie Meissner
4) Rachael Flatt
5) Yukari Nakano
6) Mirai Nagasu

Pairs
1) Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY
2) Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV
3) Keauna McLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER
4) Meagan DUHAMEL / Craig BUNTIN
5) Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG
6) Rena INOUE and John BALDWIN

Dance
1) Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER
2) Sinead KERR / John KERR
3) Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO
4) Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES
5) Pernelle CARRON / Mathieu JOST
6) Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Men
1. Lysacek
2. Weir
3. Kozuka
4. Uspenski
5. Rippon
6. Macypura

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Ando
3. Meissner
4. Poykio
5. Nakano
6. Nagasu

Pairs
1. Savchenko&Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova&Trankov
3. McLaughlin&Brubaker
4. Inoue&Baldwin
5. Duhamel&Buntin
6. Zhang&Wang

Dance
1. Belbin&Agosto
2. Delobel&Schoenfelder
3. Kerr&Kerr
4. Fraser&Lukanin
5. Carron&Jost
6. Samuleson&Bates

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Men
1. Weir
2. Lysacek
3. Kozuka

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Flatt
3. Meissner

Pairs
1. Savcenko/Szolkowy
2. McLaughlin/Brubaker
3. Mukhortova/Trankov

Ice Dance
1. Belbin/Agosto
2. Delobel/Schoenfelder
3. Kerr/Kerr

McWicked

On the Ice
Men
1. Weir
2. Lysacek
3. Kozuka

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Flatt
3. Meissner

Pairs
1. Savcenko/Szolkowy
2. McLaughlin/Brubaker
3. Mukhortova/Trankov

Ice Dance
1. Belbin/Agosto
2. Delobel/Schoenfelder
3. Kerr/Kerr

Woah, I share these predictions TOTALLY :rock:

Damnit, I just checked the ladies program sheet, so im changin my mind.

1. Kim
2. Flatt
2. Nakao or Ando

After seein Kimmie's program sheet, I think she's out of the medals.

Last edited: