2009 World Figure Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2009 World Figure Skating Championships

zephyrskates

On the Ice
I was browsing through IceNetwork and I noticed that the TV Schedule for the World Figure Skating Championships is now up.

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp?mode=tv

March 25, 2009

World Figure Skating Championships
Oxygen 4:30pm - 6:30pm
March 25, 2009

Oxygen 6:30pm - 8:30pm (Live)
March 26, 2009

Oxygen 11:00pm - 2:00am (Live)
March 27, 2009

Oxygen 4:30pm - 6:30pm
March 27, 2009

Oxygen 6:30pm - 8:30pm (Live)
March 28, 2009

Oxygen 12:00am - 2:00am (Live)
March 28, 2009

NBC 9:00pm - 11:00pm (Live)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Holy Hannah...that's a whole lot of coverage :rock: :rock: :rock:....and on Oxygen??????????????

Though I do believe that Oxygen is a part of the NBC broadcasting as they showed coverage of the 2008 Olympics on their station.

Wonder what coverage they are going to show ??????

I am so happy :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
Oxygen did really good with their coverage of the summer Olympics. I hope this is going to be just as good.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
great. A lot of coverage... and I am so glad that I have Oxegen with my Cable package!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow.I don't even remember ESPN giving that many hours of coverage to worlds.

That said, I don't have cable over here, so I'll only get the NBC coverage. Hopefully that's the two hours for the ladies' free. I also hope there's a recap of the ladies' short.

I'm surprised there's no Sat. afternoon NBC coverage though. Maybe the schedule is still being worked out, but only two hours seems "skimpish" given they are showing more than three times as much of the US Nats on the network. They could at least do a recap of the week's action leading into the live nighttime coverage.

I also don't see any gala coverage, at least not yet.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's probably because they are assuming that our US team isn't all that strong

whereas there will only be US skaters at nationals ;)

just my thought on the reasoning... what else will be airing around that time? Is it too early for sweeps?

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's the end of March, isn't it? So there will be March Madness basketball on CBS, most likely.

Final Flight
oxygen....nice marketing audience tactic
im going anyways.
i hope i got the volunteer spot

It's the end of March, isn't it? So there will be March Madness basketball on CBS, most likely.
honda center is where they play i think

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I only know one thing about the coverage of next year's Worlds .............

.......... at least 2 of these girls will be watching it.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0abEfpYe1ab5f/610x.jpg

:cry:

We'll have to see if they all can stand up to pressure at the Grand Prix events and Nationals this season, but I suspect that all 4 are among the top 10 females in the World right now (with the 3 top Japanese girls + Yuna + Kostner + Rochette completing that list). Only half of them being able to compete at Worlds is deplorable.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Not sure why I said "early" meant late...

maybe NBC doesn't see skating as a viable competition... *shrugs* oh well, I get Oxygen so I can't complain!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cry:

We'll have to see if they all can stand up to pressure at the Grand Prix events and Nationals this season, but I suspect that all 4 are among the top 10 females in the World right now (with the 3 top Japanese girls + Yuna + Kostner + Rochette completing that list). Only half of them being able to compete at Worlds is deplorable.

Kimmie Meissner is in much better World standing than Ashley Wagner is currently.

zephyrskates

On the Ice
I can not be happier that we changed service providers. now we get oxygen. who would have thought that oxygen would have another purpose aside from checking out how crazy janice is this week.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can not be happier that we changed service providers. now we get oxygen. who would have thought that oxygen would have another purpose aside from checking out how crazy janice is this week.

Hey! Don't forget Tori Spelling's reality show! :p I :love: Tori, she's so crazy! :laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I suspect that all 4 are among the top 10 females in the World right now (with the 3 top Japanese girls + Yuna + Kostner + Rochette completing that list). Only half of them being able to compete at Worlds is deplorable.
Excuse me, but where are the Finnish ladies on that list? Do you feel the four Americans (with Kimmie Meissner excluded?) have all done better? It's just that if I'm not mistaken, Mirai Nagasu and Rachael Flatt have yet to skate in any senior international events. Let's hold off and see how these young skaters do in the GP season, at least.

Binthere said:
Right. So... Worlds will be the perfect option for non basketball fans.
Well yes, it's excellent counter-programming, like having Mamma Mia open against The Dark Knight.

R.D.

Record Breaker
maybe NBC doesn't see skating as a viable competition... *shrugs* oh well, I get Oxygen so I can't complain!

You guys will get plenty of coverage, and there's nothing to fret about.

The only part of that coverage I'd be interested in watching is the Ladies' Short Program. And so far, there seems to be no NBC coverage of that. :disapp:

Last edited: