internet viewing options | Page 2 | Golden Skate

internet viewing options

ChrisH

On the Ice
I have registered and am looking around the site for any info on figure skating. I am hoping to watch the men's programs tonight. Cannot find a skating schedule at all. Please help. Thanks.
At the top-right of the Universal Sports home site is a link to "WHAT'S ON TV". http://www.universalsports.com/

The men's SP is scheduled on TV for 23:30-01:30 AM EST. However, it doesn't appear that the Ohio markets have Universal Sports TV yet. You might try flipping through your local NBC channels just in case it is being broadcast over-the-air in your area. Here in Southern California, I'm watching it on the local NBC channel 4-4.

The online schedule (accessed through the "SCHEDULES" link) no longer shows any figure skating. Perhaps Universal Sports very recently came to an agreement with the icenetwork.com to not show figure skating online. Figure skating commercials for the icenetwork.com are currently being shown on the Universal Sports TV channel.

Last edited:

TCTC84

On the Ice
cbcsports is buffering like crazy for me :( Anyother websites I can visit to view mens SP online?

Thanks so much

Jhar55

Medalist
I see I wasn't the only one having trouble with Icenetwork, at first thought it was my laptop, so tried to log on my desk top but it wouldn't let. Anyone have any idea why I can't. (sure not going to buy 2 passes)
Little upset when last 2 men Evan & Johnny were blacked out, wasn't expecting it.
Any hoo hope todays feed is lot better!!!

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Anyone who encountered IceNetwork Blackout issues yesterday, that have not been resolved, you can email me and I will provide you with IN contact who will help resolve it for you before their coverage begins this afternoon.

Regarding the sound issues on the IceNetwork webcast during the Pairs SP... the source of the problem was not IceNetwork, but NBC TV which provided the audio.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Hey guys,

Where exactly do I o to see this on the above site? Is it possible to give a direct link or at least give directions on where to go on Universal Sports site? Thanks a bunch!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
If anyone can find Eurosport UK through one of those websites that give you access to a bunch of different channels (choose and watch, maybe?), they are showing something starting at 22:00 UK - and it's live, so I can't imagine it's not Skate America.

Good luck!

nylynnr

On the Ice
In case there is any confusion, the Universal site referred to in their thread is not offering internet coverage of Skate America. They are providing cable television coverage in very select markets. That's why the video player says "available on television only." Hope this clarifies.

lmarie086

Medalist
Regarding the sound issues on the IceNetwork webcast during the Pairs SP... the source of the problem was not IceNetwork, but NBC TV which provided the audio.

Oh I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for that information! I'll try not to be so testy with Icenetwork in that case but NBC on the other hand...there's already the issue of only 2 hours of the entire GP that they're showing (supposedly, that's what I read somewhere)...

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Universal Sports website is NOT streaming Skate America events. The Universal Sports cable channel is televising the event. If this new cable channel is not yet on your cable system, then you will have to watch either IceNetwork, or one of the several other online streams... including Russian WebTV, etc.

In the U.S. only IceNetwork has the rights for webcasts of ISU events.

anya_angie

Final Flight
In case there is any confusion, the Universal site referred to in their thread is not offering internet coverage of Skate America. They are providing cable television coverage in very select markets. That's why the video player says "available on television only." Hope this clarifies.

OK Thanks for letting me know!

Where else can thi be seen online besides IceNetwork?