Skaters from 2008 US Nationals who didn´t qualify for 2008/2009 Sectionals | Golden Skate

Skaters from 2008 US Nationals who didn´t qualify for 2008/2009 Sectionals

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Skaters from 2008 US Nationals who didn´t qualify for 2008/2009 Sectionals

Skaters from 2008 U.S. Nationals who did not qualify for 2008/2009 Sectionals (or did not compete at Regionals)

Megan Williams-Stewart: S13 – represents Puerto Rico
Angie Lien: S17 – retired
Stephanie Roth: S19 – retired
Victoria Rackohn: J6 – SWP J5
Jane Ruan: J10 – represents China
Masha Leonov: J13 – SA J9
Victoria Fairchild: J14 – did not compete at Regionals
Felicia Zhang: N3 – NA J5
Song King: N5 – did not compete at Regionals
Stephanie Rigley: N11 – did not compete at Regionals

I assume Rackohn and Zhang are alternates.

Last edited:

iceminx

On the Ice
Skaters from 2008 U.S. Nationals who did not qualify for 2008/2009 Sectionals (or did not compete at Regionals)

Megan Williams-Stewart: S13 – represents Puerto Rico
Angie Lien: S17 – retired
Stephanie Roth: S19 – retired
Victoria Rackohn: J6 – SWP J5
Jane Ruan: J10 – represents China
Masha Leonov: J13 – SA J9
Victoria Fairchild: J14 – did not compete at Regionals
Felicia Zhang: N3 – NA J5
Song King: N5 – did not compete at Regionals
Stephanie Rigley: N11 – did not compete at Regionals

I assume Rackohn and Zhang are alternates.

Were Victoria, Stephanie, and Song injured? They were all really strong last year...:disapp:
What happened to Felicia Zhang?? Wasn't she one of the regional/sectional stars last season??

oleada

Record Breaker
What happened to Felicia Zhang?? Wasn't she one of the regional/sectional stars last season??

She only attempted one triple in the SP (the solo lutz) but she fell and it was downgraded as was her double axel. In the free, she attempted no triples and fell twice - on a double lutz and a double axel.

EDITED: Felicia's fall was actually on her double axel. I just rewatched her SP on IceNetwork. She's lovely to watch (a bit princessy for my taste, but lovely nonetheless), with nice flow and presentation, but the jumps weren't quite there. Her lutz and axel were clearly short on rotation.

Last edited:

lcd

Match Penalty
Ugh.... regionals and qualifying is so cruel. One bad skate and the season is over. Ugh

iceminx

On the Ice
Ugh.... regionals and qualifying is so cruel. One bad skate and the season is over. Ugh

:cry: so true...
just watched Felicia's programs...
on that note, where did Kristiene Gong come from? :clap:
nice to see Narita move up finally though...Didn't the bronze medalist medal last season too, but same level? ( aka -"shouldn't she have moved up"?):frown2:

oleada

Record Breaker
Yes, Felicia, had a bad skate, but at the same time, I'm not sure she's ever landed a ratified triple in competition. She didn't at US Nationals as a Novice and not as a Junior in a summer comp at Thornhill (her 3Lz attempts were downgraded as was her double axel and a double toe). She scored under 100 points total there. Her PCS are understandably very good, but if you can't land triples at the Junior level and don't skate clean even when landing doubles....there's a problem.