Flatt article | Golden Skate

Flatt article

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rachael sure seems ambitious, disciplined, and intelligent. Those attributes combined with her consistency and motivation are keys to her success. Also, I love her radiant smile, charm, and personality. I hope she has a successful senior international debut at Skate America this week! I wish her luck and I'd :love: to see her medal! With such a deep, talented field, it won't be easy, but whatever happens it's sure to be a learning experience for Rachael as well as the other skaters.

"the family moved to Colorado for her father’s job with a biotech company. He now commutes weekly from Colorado Springs to his current job on the East Coast." Wow! That is a LOT of travel and expense, especially keeping in mind our economic troubles currently.

champs

Final Flight
Is Rachael in her sophomore or junior year? In either case kudos to her for managing time and keeping up with both her school work and skating and taking AP courses, and hope she will be accepted to Stanford after graduation. Debi Thomas would also be proud of her.

But this upcoming Skate America will be such a tough competition for the ladies, it's almost like another World championships. Even if all of Miki, Yuna, Meissner, Rachael, Mirai, and Yukari skate perfectly in both SP and FS, the truth is at least three of them will be off the podium, that's so harsh considering that it's a GP event. I wish Rachael best of luck (but I say that to every skater, I root for all of them :laugh:)

lcd

Match Penalty
Kudos to the family for keeping her life balanced. I think well educated athletes make terrific ambassadors for the sport.

The support and sacrifice by the family is at first "eye popping" but frankly, at this level and in sports like this, it is not ALL that unusual. Aside from all the $$s, the intangible costs are... how does that VISA ad go...? priceless

Good luck Rachael!