Tessa Virtue Injured---Skate Canada in doubt | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue Injured---Skate Canada in doubt

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also noticed how long it took Skate Canada to announce the withdrawal of Langlois/Hay and Virtue/Moir. Annabelle suffered her injury quite a long time ago, and was seen hobbling around on crutches in late August; and Tessa had her leg problems for months before finally having surgery in mid-September. But the L/H announcement wasn't made until last week, and V/M, this week.

Skate Canada probably would have preferred that Jeff Buttle delay his retirement announcement as well. As many have said, they wouldn't have purchased tickets if they had known so many top skaters weren't going to be there.

VGL

Rinkside
When tickets went on sale, Jeff wasn't world champion, V&M weren't even Canadian Champions (but we knew they would be) and they certainly weren't world medalists. Tickets went on sale almost a year ago and the line-up wasn't announced till June/July. Essentially you're buying tickets based on a potential line-up.

I'm disappointed not to see V&M, Jeff and Stephane but there are other skaters at the event, including world medalists like Evan Lycecek (sp), and Carolina Kostner. I'm also really looking forward to seeing Patrick Chan, Joannie Rochette (and the program Shae choreographed for her) Cynthia Phaneuf, and Dube and Davison and the young dance team of Crone and Poirier who had the second best free dance at Canadians last year.

Ultimately I haven't been to a skating competition in almost 5 years and I just want to have a weekend away and watch some skating.