Updated Skate America Preview | Golden Skate

Updated Skate America Preview

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the update. Mok is out--hope she'll make it to her other assignment towards at the end of the GP series.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Nelidina is out???? NOOOOO!!! I know she's not that great, but you can't help watching because you can't believe how bad she is! Like those movies they use on Mystery Science Theatre 3000....

Laura :)

PS Have they named a replacement yet?

alina

Rinkside
Timothy Goebel and Alexei Yagudin are out of Skate America.
Scott Smith replaces Goebel.
It´s not a surprise that Alexei cancelled, but why did Timothy?
Alina

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
This is pure speculation, but on another board they are saying Timmy is reworking Queen program, which apparently got the big thumbs down from officials at Campbells. Or maybe he's injured again.

IN GREAT NEWS........Sergei Davydov will be at Skate America!!!! yay!!!!

mpal2

Final Flight
I hope they show Davydov on tv. I was really impressed with his Worlds showing. Everyone around me kept talking about how much they liked him. I understood once I finally got to see one of his practice sessions.

Yes, yes, yes. SERGEI DAVYDOV. From what I saw of him at DC Worlds I would call him the 'dark horse' in the GP, Euros and Worlds! He's gooood.

Joe

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
No, I was speculating on why Tim dropped out. I'm fairly certain it's official that Sergei (who totally rocks) and Scott Smith (?) are in.

however, I now have new speculation on why Tim dropped out. An "inside source" says he is having boot problems and is switching brands.

guinevere

Final Flight
There is now an official release on the USFSA site attributing Tim's SA withdrawal to his boot problems. Apparently he's been having major problems with boots for months. He can skate, with a lot of pain, but did not anticipate being able to do quads in competition without boots. Tim stated that he is committed to attending his other 2 events however.

guinevere

I liked Scott Smith a lot at Campbell's. Looks and skates so much like a young Paul Wylie, especially in terms of having beautiful line. Still young and insecure on his jumps, but if he pulls it together, it would great.

Joe, your enthusiasm makes me interested to see Davydov.

LOL, Laura re Nelidina and MST3K. Though like Ed Wood, I root for her to get better.

Bummed about Ye Bin Mok and Klimkin being out. Klimkin's a real heart breaker. So interesting and wonderful, but so plagued by injuries and inconsistency:( And Tim too, but at least it's just boot problems (I hope that's the truth) and he should be back in competitive form soon.
Rgirl

Last edited: