I so need my vacation now... | Golden Skate

I so need my vacation now...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just survived mid terms and I just feel soooooooooo overwhelmed still. I really wish I could just pack up and run away for a couple of weeks...

I still have 79 days till I can do that. *sigh*

can we just fast forward to January? It'd be SO much easier!

Buzzz

Final Flight
You have my simpathy. January will be here sooner than you think. I wish this course I am taking would be over as well. :(

Simone

Match Penalty
If you want to go overseas for a vacation. You should come to Austria, I am originally from there but I am a student in America now. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've always wanted to visit Austria... don't like flying, though.

Simone

Match Penalty
I've always wanted to visit Austria... don't like flying, though.

I am with you... especially long overseas flights.. it makes me very uneasy being in a confined space with a lot of people for a long time.. and always a fear of a crash... however unlikely as they are. I usually just try to sleep through them.. but then the destination is worth it. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't worry about crashing... I just don't do well sitting for long periods... and I get air sick...

considering it takes a full day to get from Alaska to the East Coast and then another, what, 8-10 hours to get from the East Coast to Europe? that's a lot of travel... I'd have to have a lot of spare time to do that vacation the way I'd want to (I want to visit Luxemburg- where my family hails from originally, Austria, and Germany... that part of the world and its history facinates me)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
If you want to go overseas for a vacation. You should come to Austria, I am originally from there but I am a student in America now. :)
Ahhh, winter in Vienna is magic. Gluhtvein sold on the streets... Christmas decorations everywhere... Wouldn't mind going there at all! Of course, I don't know when my son will be ready for such intensive traveling, not when I'll be ready to leave him with my folks for more than 15 hours...

Where in Austria are you from?
Edited to add: OK, I saw it in another thread. Salzburg is, I think, one of the most elegant cities I've ever visited. You're lucky to live close to it!

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am on vacation right now!!! I get this week off. I sure need it. Those books are getting heavier at work to pack around. It will be busy when I get back - another book buy back and new semester will be starting in January - Oh my aching back!!!!

Simone

Match Penalty
Ahhh, winter in Vienna is magic. Gluhtvein sold on the streets... Christmas decorations everywhere... Wouldn't mind going there at all! Of course, I don't know when my son will be ready for such intensive traveling, not when I'll be ready to leave him with my folks for more than 15 hours...

Where in Austria are you from?
Edited to add: OK, I saw it in another thread. Salzburg is, I think, one of the most elegant cities I've ever visited. You're lucky to live close to it!

I am often quite homesick for it, but it's looking a lot like I am going to be heading home for Christmas holidays. Austria is absolutely beautiful all times of the year, I am particularly fond of the summer, our hills, our mountains are so green. The world does not know so much beauty until they set their eyes upon my beautiful Austria. Just a bit patriotic I am, I guess. But if you had an idea of what heaven on earth would look like, it would be Austria. :biggrin: Carinthia here..

437.3dak.jpg

Our neighbor nations such as Slovenia, Czech Republic, and Italy also offer a lot as far as natural beauty and architecture go. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it does look pretty :)

and there's nothing wrong with being gung ho patriotic :no:

but Alaska is still tops ;)

Simone

Match Penalty
it does look pretty :)

and there's nothing wrong with being gung ho patriotic :no:

but Alaska is still tops ;)

Oh, Alaska is quite lovely... Russia is right in the backyard. :biggrin:

I admit as a proud Austrian, it does hurt when some ask if I am from Australia, when I tell them I am from Austria. They think we are the same place.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh, I hear you on misconceptions. I work in the tourism industry up here and we get some really zingers...

and yes, I can see Russia from my house! ;)