Original Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

lmarie086

Medalist
Interesting to note that not only did the Kerrs beat D/S and B/A technically, but so did Samuelson/Bates- by .80. B/A have to watch out; they already lost on the technical mark to D/W in the CD and OD at these past Nationals. I know it's wayyy too early to call something like this, but they may have to watch out for Samuelson/Bates on that count as well.

Loved Carron/Jost tonight. I agree that their skating was just gorgeous.
And the Kerrs...IMO they deserved first place for the OD.

I was laughing all the way through D&S at the idea of Olivier as an old geezer. :rofl: That team is in a class by itself. Love them.

My other fave was S&B - they have incredible pizzazz. If they can keep this up, I expect them to blow away the field. Can't wait to see how they do at nationals.

CantSpin

Spectator
Shirley Bassey was born in Tiger Bay in Wales, part of the United Kingdom. she sang "Goldfinger." She has been a huge star in Britain since the late 50's.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Did they really do that? I didn't notice that, but I'll have to watch it again to see if I catch it. If they did then I agree, a bit rude or maybe just careless.
Yes, they did, and it was tacky. I don't see how one can put it down to carelessness -it was obvious Sinead and John (great skate, and I loved Sinead's dress) were out there taking their bows. I don't know what Tanith was thinking.

I agree with those who think the Kerrs should have won the OD. They seem to be undermarked on a regular basis, and it's a shame.

I found Carron/Jost kind of... blah. They can skate, but it didn't grab me. S/B were wonderful, great energy and a fun program. If they keep this up, I think they'll move up very fast. I really disliked her black garters, though - true to the period, but I found it distracting.

**Carol**

Rinkside
Wel, I liked Tanith and Ben OD, it locks like a 30's musical movie. Now they have a choreo, and i think it have some potential, they just need to work more on it.

Vincero

Rinkside
Although I didn't see any tap at all in B/A's dance, I actually enjoyed it. It would actually have been a good program if they didn't say it was a tap program.

Although I didn't see any tap at all in B/A's dance, I actually enjoyed it. It would actually have been a good program if they didn't say it was a tap program.
Sam and Bates did some tap which was appropriate for the Berlin song in the 30s.and the movie Follow the Fleet.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
some random thoughts by me:

We watched only the OD and Pairs LPs last night so I will give our general thoughts for some of the dances.

1st 4 ODs: we were having a hard time staying interested/awake for. The music was for the most part(for us) slow and boring. Summersett & Gilles did well though.

Samuelson & Bates: :love::rock: wow!! great OD:clap: we both loved it!! Great tap section and they were just wonderful. My boyfriend actually applauded it when it was over. Very very impressive. I hope they keep up the good work:agree:

Kerrs: :love: they did a great job as well, I love the reverse lift! Very energetic.

Tanith & Ben: :unsure: hmmm I love :love:them normally but I was left feeling...that was it?? and I thought they were doing a tap number :scratch: after S/B tap section B/A's seemed quite lacking. I hope they pull it together for the FD.

Delobel & Schoenfelder: :rofl: I loved the program!:love: Too cute!! She messed up on a twizzle section at the end but they had a great lift and overall was my fav.

Ranking of MY enjoyment for the evening:(not actual technical scores)

1) Delobel & Schoenfelder
2) Samuelson & Bates
3) Kerrs
4) Tanith & Ben (please fix/change the OD)
5-?) everyone else

lmarie086

Medalist
Yes, they did, and it was tacky. I don't see how one can put it down to carelessness -it was obvious Sinead and John (great skate, and I loved Sinead's dress) were out there taking their bows. I don't know what Tanith was thinking.

Huh. Well, I'm going to rewatch the Kerr's OD right now to find out once and for all. I'll edit with thoughts.

You're right, she did do that. I might just chalk it up to nerves; she looked really nervous out there. Still, I'm surprised no one said anything. Overall thought it was just careless, but it could definitely be taken the wrong way and they have to be careful about that.

Regarding the Kerrs; had some sloppy moments but still enjoyed that much, much more than B/A. And even so, I think this is the best prepared the Kerrs have been at the start of the GP season. Usually they're playing catchup, but that doesn't look to be the case this season.
Part of me is hoping that the Kerrs pull and upset and get silver.

Last edited:

rosee

On the Ice
I've rewatched S&J's od and you're right but I don't think it was done on purpose. Tanith really seemed nervous.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
She seemed freaked throughout the warmup too. I dont think she was being rude. I also saw a few pairs teams do the same thing during the LP as well.

**Carol**

Rinkside
Tanith and Ben do not have a tap dance literally, maybe they could rename the OD. I liked a lot :clap:, the commentators of Brit Eurosport also hehe, and as I said before, it have potentil.

What I am sure is that they really need to work more on the programs. They have a realy nice CD, i think they improved a lot, they just need more time :p .but in any case I love them :love:

And the Kerrs :love::love: She is her dress is so nice, love them too. I prefer them to Isa and Oli.

jamie

On the Ice
Fantastic to see the Kerrs get credit for their incredibly difficult programs and deep edges. They sacrificed the polish for speed and skill, hopefully by the end of the season they'll have it all and a 60+ whopper score. I just hope the judges keep consistent and mark them fairly all season. Belbin and Agosto were actually faster, neater and showed more promise way back in 2003! They have totally regressed these past few seasons, and these BLAND programs aren't going to do anything to help!

**Carol**

Rinkside
Tanith and Ben do not have a tap dance literally, maybe they could rename the OD. I liked a lot :clap:, the commentators of Brit Eurosport also hehe, and as I said before, it have potentil.

What I am sure is that they really need to work more on the programs. They have a realy nice CD, i think they improved a lot, they just need more time :p .but in any case I love them :love:

And the Kerrs :love::love: She is her dress is so nice, love them too. I prefer them to Isa and Oli.