Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Congrats to all the medalists!
Well done, Aliona and Robin :clap:
What a beautiful and fine program.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Heartbroken for Maria & Maxim! I hope they can learn from this experience - on how to handle the pressure after leading the SP.

Congrats to Aliona & Robin :clap:

casken

On the Ice
M&T should still feel pretty encouraged. For all the bad mistakes the PCS were still pretty strong.

pista04

On the Ice
Congrats to McL and Brub for the silver! Wooohoo!
And, of course, congrats for the win Sav/Szol

fiercemao

Match Penalty
what a disastrous skate for M&T. I can't imagine I'll enjoy this LP even if they skate clean. There's very little actually skating, lots of stops, no flow, all drama & posture. Unless you were a culture elite who actually knew the details of their play, you would not understand what they were trying to convey. It's simply beyond my pay day. The PCS was hugely inflated.

Can't believe S&S singled 3S again! They have done ONE clean program so far since they paired up a few years ago. I have the feeling judges are getting tired of the fact they just can't skate a clean program. There's no certainty that judges will continue to give them a pass this season. I certainly hope not. I do love their programs though, I think they're better than last season's.

american kids skated very well.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to S/S and to the youngsters what a skate for them well deserved.

oleada

Record Breaker
The Canadians beat them in the LP, but the Russians had a 12 point lead over them from the short.

casken

On the Ice
Medal ceremony

S/S look relieved, M/B look thrilled, and M/T look like they're in a daze, especially him. :frown:

I really am sorry for Murhatova/Trax. Their SP was so special beyond competition, and the LP was just Tech flubs and too many of them. I really could not get the choreography. Next time!

S&S came through, but to be honest, I am less enthused although they deserved the gold. Their sxs spins are text book.

McL/Bru were fine. A lot lot better than the SP. They understood the music and kept with it.

Duhamel and Buntin. Superb! Craig's back in shape and Duhamel with soooo much body language, it all works for that overplayed Tosca. They have the best of what I've seen of that music. - and -

Yankawkas/Coughlin - What a surprise.! Nice going for a Senior Debut.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I still kind of think Y/C should have finished over I/B, but that may well just be my personal preference talking.

Congrats to the medalists! You know, it's amazing how close M/B came to winning the LP tonight. I couldn't believe it when I saw S/S single that throw! It had been so good up to that point...disappointing.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought both of D/B's programs were quite boring, but maybe that was because they skated so cautiously (because of his still-recovering shoulder). They had the worst sbs spins of any of the Pairs.

I hated M/T's program. It was a stupid idea, trying to use the fact that basically they do not like one another and building a program around that. What I will never understand is how they got higher PCS scores than Keauna and Rockne.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I am rewatching the LP's right now, M&T specifically, not impressed at all, there is no connection between them and the music at all and what is that feather thing around her neck and breasts?

I am going to say it again, they did not deserve the bronze, it should have gone to the Canadians.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I know what a boa is, but that thing looked like it is stitched over the fabric covering her chest. There nothing around her neck. I just don't get it, what is the signifigance of the feathers.

My best (only, really) guess is that is supposed to help her portray the role of a [rich] lady for "The Lady and the Hooligan" theme of the LP.

casken

On the Ice
Isn't the concept that she's a haughty rich girl having a night on the town who bumps into a young "hooligan"?

The feathers are supposed to be a sign of her to extravagance, I'm guessing?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am going to say it again, they did not deserve the bronze, it should have gone to the Canadians.
Where did you think M&T were overscored? They were 4 points behind D&B in the LP, with the elements score lowest of anyone but the Chinese.