Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Inventing Skating Moves

Rogue Leader
    I loved it when A&P started doing reverse lifts, especially the one one from Man in the Iron Mask. Thanks for all the picks everyone. I don't know where the heart attack got it's name. It doesn't seem as scary as it's name would warrant.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Joesitz:

You are not thinking of the Wally are you? That is a "toe-less" assisted jump.

Inventing Skating Moves

Antilles:

Actually, the "head banger" - perfected by Brassuer and Eisler is much more dangerous!

Custom Title
    (for counterclockwise rotation)

walley: RBI to RBO

toeless lutz: LBO to RBO

I have seen LBO, unassisted change edge to LBI takeoff as a double and even triple (Yulia Soldatova) -- an unusual entrance into a salchow, but if the edge change were minor it could be called toeless flutz :-)

Once saw a girl who jumped counterclockwise trying to teach the walley to a girl who jumped clockwise -- much confusion and many one-foot salchows ensued

Originally posted by Ladskater
    Joesitz:

You are not thinking of the Wally are you? That is a "toe-less" assisted jump.
    Ladskater. No a toeless lutz is a genuine jump although I have never seen one executed. I think someone like Plush or Vikka could try it out. They have great backoutside edges for a lutz. It's just not a toe-off. Think how difficult that would be. Too many of them and the other hip would go.

A Wally, which when executed properly is a beautiful jump. It takes off always from a backinside edge and lands on the same skate but on a backoutside edge - a kinda kooky loop jump.
    It is a toeless jump, however, like the lutz, there is a Toe-Walley That jump looks like there'll be a flip but the skater lands on the opposite edge of the skating edge. Much prefer the former, imo. it has more rythym. Neither have been used in ages, that I can remember.

I'm sure Kurt throws them in his fabulous footwork as single jumps.

Joe

Custom Title

Well, let's see

I liked the Underhill/Martini move where she's skating in front of him and them jumps into his arms without looking back. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

I remember Dick Button saying that you really have to trust your partner to do that.

Custom Title

Re: Well, let's see

Originally posted by realistic51
    I liked the Underhill/Martini move where she's skating in front of him and them jumps into his arms without looking back. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

I remember Dick Button saying that you really have to trust your partner to do that.
    It's called a "Leap of Faith" - well named.

Inventing Skating Moves

Joesitz:

The Wally is one of my favorite jumps. I prefer the toe-less jump.

I don't think in all of my years as a skater and "arm chair" expert, I have seen or heard of anyone attempting a Lutz without using a toe take-off. The skater would have to be very strong and fearless- Elvis could pull one off, I am sure. I always found the Lutz the most difficult jump. I just did not have enough "spring."

Yes, Kurt does amazing Wally's and as you say can throw a jump in out of nowhere - which is a delight.

SkateFan4Life
    I like the "Hamel Camel", which was invented by Carlo Fassi and Dorothy Hamill and which was a typical ending move for her competitive programs during her amateur days. Flying camel spin, tap, drop to a sit spin. Great move!!

Who invented the "falling leaf" move? That looks so pretty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3