Ladies sp | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp

Love_Skate

Rinkside
Not to add fuel to the fire, but is this clip legit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uX-0ncoEjU

The 3T does look cheated in that clip. She appears to complete quite a bit of the turn on the ice. Or has the video been altered, and is it being used as propaganda in the Japan v. Korea war?

What I know and heard is that 1/4 rotation less at the landing is not judged as an UR. In my eyes, the 3T has less than 1/4 UR at the landing and should not be called an UR. If you check this rule on other jumps, you will find it is applied almost consistently.

Last edited:

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
You need to watch jumps more closely.

I dare you to find me a 3Loop, 3Sal, or 3Toe (in combo) that is 2.75 rotations in the air.

Or a Quad that is 3.75 rotations in the air.

Every skater that has ever existed has had poor technique, according to your notion.

You need to learn something about skating. Ever been on the ice yourself?

Most jump have SOME pre-rotation but it should be less that 1/4.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Why are you so obsessed with Yu-na's jump technique?
Have you ever watched other skater's jumps?

What do you think of Mao's this flip jump then?
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=3298gB938cQ

This flip jump was not downgraded.

Where do you get that I am obsessed with Yu-Na's jumps? All that I have said about her jumps in particular is that she does sometimes take the flip from a slight outside edge. My other comments were about jump technique in general, not about Yu-Na's technique in particular. Why are you so offensive?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
You need to learn something about skating. Ever been on the ice yourself?

Most jump have SOME pre-rotation but it should be less that 1/4.

I am on the ice 6 days a week and practice triples.

You have little idea what you're talking about.

Go watch a Loop, Salchow, Toeloop, or Axel in slow motion from ANY skater in the World. The pre-rotation is 1/4 of a turn at minimum.

^ What exactly is an "ISU text video?" Is the poster claiming that this video was made by the ISU for teaching purposes?

I would never believe in a million years that the ISU would release a video titled "Unfair judging at Skate America!"

Someone went to a lot of trouble to produce this, even hiring a professional announcer for the voiceover.

kandidy

Final Flight
Wow, I can't believe that youtube has gone this far.
This is like a cold war on youtube between country of the skater rather than about the skater themselve.