Men's Free | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Free

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
NO no more carmen please, I am so sick of it, but seriously he looks and skates like a penguin, did he use the music from mary poppins?

I'm not a fan of Carmen either. The music makes me want to die a slow painful death, but anything is better than this monstrosity of a program.

casken

On the Ice
Kozuka really did earn that! He won it on the TES.

The judges had Evan highest in PCS. Almost 5 points over Kozuka. :rofl:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
So no weird judging in men's tonight?

I'm glad Weir beat Lysacek.
Neither is my favorite, but I would take Weir over Lysacek any day!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Johnny's good for silver, and Evan is 3rd. Congrats to all of them. It was a nice treat :) :rock:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Where is Joe??? He always says predictions are stupid - but Kozuka was my prediction!!!! On the very first page of the prediction thread!

I am okay with the results. Johnny needs to work on the spins - pronto! Lysacek's spins are suddenly much better. Johnny's look mediocre.

KOZUKA!!!!

And another Japanese beats Evan at SA!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG! It's possible with their stable of men (Dai, Nobu, Taka) that Japan could sweep the podium at a major event. Congrats to Kozuka for the win!

fourclover

On the Ice
I haven't seen Kozuka's LP yet. But his SP yesterday was totally classy and one of the most enjoyable programs I've ever seen in Men's, up there with Takahashi's Swan Lake. Didn't like Lysacek's SP to Bolero at all (I hate that music Bolero) nor his acrobat-like choreography. My mother was watching with me and she was impressed with Kozuka's skating too. She's asking me to look it up in Youtube so we can watch it together.

*Sniper*

On the Ice

That's as puzzling as it gets.
I haven't seen either program, but I can never agree on Lysacek getting high marks on artistry.
I literally get dizzy watching him flailing his arms to death.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok this amuses me greatly... because NBC pushed only Kimmie and Evan in the Skate America ads today... no mention of Johnny who is equally as good and should be named (of the three he's the only one that medalled at worlds, afterall)... as much as I love Evan, he's not the only skater the US has, and he's not the *BEST* - though he might be the best 'competitor' of the three... I mean he can rally like no one's business when it really counts... but Johnny made sure that we didn't forget about him or count him out last season...

and the rivalry lives on :yes:

turtle

On the Ice
The protocols are up. All top three skaters received only 1 point and changes for their attempts of a quad.

lmarie086

Medalist

That is insanely funny. IMO, Kozuka has more musicality in his fingertip than Evan does in his whole arms (but that's just me...)

OMG! It's possible with their stable of men (Dai, Nobu, Taka) that Japan could sweep the podium at a major event. Congrats to Kozuka for the win!

I wouldn't really be complaining all that much. They are a talented crew.

casken

On the Ice
That's as puzzling as it gets.
I haven't seen either program, but I can never agree on Lysacek getting high marks on artistry.
I literally get dizzy watching him flailing his arms to death.

That's what was so nice about Kozuka's program. The choreography was thoughtful and musical and totally in control.

It wasn't an innovative program, but it was just really nice to watch.

oleada

Record Breaker
There is a picture of it at IceNetwork.

Luuuurved Kozuka. Yuka Sato's choreography. His edges. The purity of his style. The speed. The cleanliness of his technique. :bow: This competition has made me a Kozuka fangirl! Kudos to the judges for going with the best skater tonight :love:

Johnny was a bit lackluster, I thought, and I preferred Evan tonight, but he had low levels on his steps and his 3A and 4T were underroated. His 3A technique is scary.

lmarie086

Medalist
Anyone has a picture of Evan's costume?

Go to the Saturday Backstage gallery at http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/

I have a list of skaters I'd like to see get a haircut.

1. Reynolds-You can barely see his face with that hairstyle and it looks very immature for a senior skater (but that's just me). He would look a little older with something shorter.
2- Johnny-Too long. I liked how his hair looked at Worlds way more. This isn't flattering, and even makes him look a bit frail IMO.
3-Upenski-A little too long and again, gets in his face too much. Not as bad as the top 2 though.
4-Adam-I think his isn't as bad as the others, but still too long for my liking. Maybe if he was going to have had curly hair for the LP, but he didn't. So haircut please.

:)