Ladies LP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

Vincero

Rinkside
I was a bit disappointed to see how much Yuna dominated the field. I really don't want this to be anouther "Mao or Yuna" season... it would be nice to throw another skater into the mix. I remember when Yuna was back in Juniors, a lot of people compared her to Michelle Kwan... but watching her SA LP, I really didn't feel anything from her. Technically, besides the bobbles here and there, it was a great skate for October, but at the same time, it elicited no emotion. Yuna's attempts to "connect" with the music seemed completely artificial, not to mention her movements felt very slow or sluggish compared to the beat of the music (especially during the step sequence)... I REALLY hope they cut out the I-spin from her program, it's hideous and she has much better positions that she could use for ending spin.

LOL I know this is random... but does anyone else find it funny that if a US skater has a bad skate, the video is always removed from Youtube, but if they skate well, the video stays?

I have to agree. Having always been an "underdog" person and a sucker for comebacks, I'm bored when things are pretty much set in stone. Every comp with either of them has pretty much a fixed outcome. I'm not saying that it's fixed as in judges will award it to them whatever they do, as their skill is evident, but it's just boring to know that they're a 99% lock on the gold medal, or even gold and silver if they're both in the same competition.

Regarding Yu-na's programs, I actually liked her 06-07 programs the most. Despite all the raving about her SP and watching it several times, it still didn't grow on me. I really hoped that it would, as Danse Macabre is one of my favourite pieces of music, but I really didn't think she "got" the feeling for it. It's not that she isn't dramatic enough, but it still didn't really click. I actually prefered Yukina Ota's version years ago, but that's another matter.