Ladies LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

McWicked

On the Ice
This' great for Kimmie, now she can only go up!!! C'mon, last season she won skate america and ended up badly... I foresee a GOOD COMEBACK from this!!!!

feraina

Record Breaker
Rchael is starting out a little slow and tentative. No 3-3 (3Z-2R, looks clean). She's moving rather slowly across the ice, and looking a little hesitant going into the jumps. Must be nerves again. Hope she calms down like in the SP.

That's a very slow COE spiral. Her jumps are clean but not the usual height or ease somehow. The commentators like her jumps though. Oh, God, Rachael actually pops out of the 3S into a bad 2S, then a singled axel. Squeaks out a 3Z-2T-2R though. This is not going to end up scoring very high... Those jumps and she'll also get hit on the PCS. The spins also aren't that fast, nor the footwork sequences. Ends on a good last note with the combo spin though. Good job getting through her first senior competition!

Last edited:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Didn't Kimmie also have a bad start to the season in 2006, and then in the end she became world champ. I really hope she starts landing those jumps consistently again.

McWicked

On the Ice
LP 81.02

Total: 135 and change

OMG, is that the worst Kimmie has ever skated internationally? :cry:

Yep!!!

But Im serious, from this she can only go up!!! She doesnt have her new techinque with her yet, but it's comin', im sure it is!!!

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Another Rachael Flatt's flat choreography. I can't imagine her do well at international senior level without major overhaul in choreography and performance, especially in PCS department.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Wow! When I first heard that Flatt would skate to that I was like she is way too young and American (in my opinion you have to be at least from France or Russia to skate to la mer) - but she was great, I loved the choreography. She needs some speed, a new costume and better spins, but the interpretation was great and that can be a real winner program! Really something else.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

gold12345

Medalist
Poor Kimmie... She looks tired or even injured to me. There is less lift on her jumps now than there was earlier in the week in practice. She skated so cautiously, too.

Did she catch a rut on that double axel? She landed it and then just fell.

I never used to have to worry about her mental state, but she seems more fragile now. Callaghan really tries hard to complement her before she skates to get that confidence up. I feel so bad for her.

I still think her legs are too muscular compared to the rest of her body.

McWicked

On the Ice
Poor Kimmie... She looks tired or even injured to me. There is less lift on her jumps now than there was earlier in the week in practice. She skated so cautiously, too.

Did she catch a rut on that double axel? She landed it and then just fell.

I never used to have to worry about her mental state, but she seems more fragile now. Callaghan really tries hard to complement her before she skates to get that confidence up. I feel so bad for her.

I still think her legs are too muscular compared to the rest of her body.

Back problems, I think.

feraina

Record Breaker
Mirai also a little tentative going into her jumps somehow, but all cleanly landed so far (3Z-2T, so no 3/3, 3F). Looks sharp overall, though. She looks fit and prepared. But stony expression through out, even through her spiral sequence -- she looks like she's really concentrating on the jumps.

2-fted the 3F/2T, possible UR. Possible UR on the next 3Z (and 2ft?). 3R-2R, again, UR on the 3R. Oh, my, this might not score well either...

feraina

Record Breaker
Oh! Falls flat on her face on the 3S. And a fall in the footwork sequence.

Finally a smile toward the end of her sequence. She slows down and loses steam there. She looks to be in pain toward the end, slowing down, maybe the right ankle bugging her? But she still manages a good last spin (not with her typical speed or flare, but still good by general standards).

oleada

Record Breaker
Flatt is just. flat. and oh. so. slow.
Mirai...UR issues. Shame as I quite like her.

screech

Final Flight
The way Mirai lands her jumps makes them look cheated - she keeps her free leg in too long on the landing so she has to unhook and bring behind after her landing leg is already on the ice making it look even more underrotated... it was really bugging me!

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think even the second jump could be downgraded, it looked quite cheated.

She is so charming out there - it's amazing.

feraina

Record Breaker
Replay shows that first 3F was UR'ed.

Only 86.48 for the LP. Lots of downgrades, but all deserved, I think. I'm not actually sure which triple she really fully rotated.

gold12345

Medalist
The US ladies are going to have a lot of trouble medaling at Worlds and the Olympics if they don't get the triple triples back in order. We really don't have anyone right now with consistent triple triples that always get credit. Heck, we don't have anyone who isn't getting nailed for downgrades on a regular basis. Growth spurts seem to be the story. It's still so early in the season though.

feraina

Record Breaker
The way Mirai lands her jumps makes them look cheated - she keeps her free leg in too long on the landing so she has to unhook and bring behind after her landing leg is already on the ice making it look even more underrotated... it was really bugging me!

It's not just her free leg, pay attention to her landing leg. She under-rotates very obviously.