Ladies LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

McWicked

On the Ice
The US ladies are going to have a lot of trouble medaling at Worlds and the Olympics if they don't get the triple triples back in order. We really don't have anyone right now with consistent triple triples that always get credit. Heck, we don't have anyone who isn't getting nailed for downgrades on a regular basis. Growth spurts seem to be the story. It's still so early in the season, though.

the ladies will be just fine :agree: Im sure

feraina

Record Breaker
The US ladies are going to have a lot of trouble medaling at Worlds and the Olympics if they don't get the triple triples back in order. We really don't have anyone right now with consistent triple triples that always get credit. Heck, we don't have anyone who isn't getting nailed for downgrades on a regular basis. Growth spurts seem to be the story. It's still so early in the season though.

Caroline Zhang! Internationally, she had her 3/3's ratified at CoC, GPF, and JW last season. I don't think that's "nailed for downgrades on a regular basis."

feraina

Record Breaker
That's why i said makes them look even more underrotated.

Well, actually I'm sure she's being coached to keep the tight rotation as long as possible to complete the rotations, *because* she has a habit of under-rotation. If her legs had less tight position or uncross earlier, she'd have even more under-rotation.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I love Yukari's program!!! Jumps were beautiful, great choreography - especially when she did the hops right to the music.

Of course, from the point of view of comparing it to the story of Giselle then the Mad Scene music should have been last. But overall I thought she interpreted the character of Giselle very well and she definitely skated well to the music.

beep_beep

Medalist
Nakano was lovely !!! Great expression !!! the little hops reminded me of Gordeeva's Giselle...
Now, off to listen to Giselle...again!...let's all hope for another good one

Medusa

Record Breaker
The Russian commentator says lots of nice things about Nakano ("adult" "lady" "musical). I love that program. And I think it's amazing that someone with such great spins took her time over the summer to learn new positions.

And a good score - she didn't even have to do the 3A.

feraina

Record Breaker
Something wrong with the ice? Miki wobbles and nearly falls out of the COE spiral. But good 3Z-3R (checks ice for full rotation on many jumps), 3S no quad (but good, clean is the key today). All jumps clean so far. Spins pretty fast too (eh, she slows down on a spin as I'm typing).

Footwork sequence really rather slow.

Maybe the ice surface is warm and soft...

anya_angie

Final Flight
I gotta say, after watching Yukari, one thought came to my mind:

This is how LADIES skate.

It probably sounds silly. But that's what came to mind.

To someone who asked about the synopsis of Giselle, that was only the first part of the ballet, where she dies. She later comes back as a ghost, to join other spirits of ladies who died of broken hearts, called Wili, and they haunt at night and force any man they come across to dance until he dies. They do this to Hilarion, who loved Giselle. He is not the nobleman Albrecht but he loved her nonetheless. He dies, and then Albrecht is seen. The Wili try to force Albreht to dance until he dies, but Giselle's love for him endures so she helps him survive until dawn when the Wili are forced to leave, and Giselle with them. Albrecht is saved. The end.

Last edited:

lisou

On the Ice
My DAUM feed died out during Yukari's performance and i can't get it back. Will see the 2 remaining on Youtube.
Go Yu-Na !!!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
In a nutshell: Giselle is the story of a peasant girl who loves to dance. However, she has a very weak heart and is warned to refrain from strenuous physical activity - which includes dancing. She is warned about the Willis - viriginal women who died before they marry.

She is wooed by two men - Hilarion and Albrecht. Albrecht is a noble man who is already engaged to another woman. However, while out and about he falls in love with Giselle. So, he disguises himself as someone else to win her heart. He woos her and they fall in love. Hilarion is jealous and finds out the truth about Albrecht. Hilarion exposes the truth. Giselle goes mad and dances to her death.

Albrecht feels guilty and goes to visit her grave at night. However, the Willis are present. They appear to initiate Giselle into the fold. However, the Willis sense men are present. They find Hilarion and force him to dance to his death. Albrecht appears to Giselle and Giiselle forgives him. However, the Willis discover Albrecht and try to make him dance but Giselle pleads to spare his life. Daylight comes and the Willis disappear.