"I can go about my business"
"you can go about your business"
"Move along."
"move along, move along."

wow... jr high flashback

R.D.

Record Breaker
Bump

What's going on with the SOI site?? I'm trying to purchase Fan Club rights but it wants me to check a non-existent agreement box. Can anyone help me out? :scratch:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Bump

What's going on with the SOI site?? I'm trying to purchase Fan Club rights but it wants me to check a non-existent agreement box. Can anyone help me out? :scratch:

They have been having severe problems with the Fan Club part of the website for a few weeks now. I joined before the new site launched and they can't find me in the system right now. :sheesh: You might want to email SOI to let them know about the problem so they can try to fix it. I'm more than a little frustrated that I paid this money to join the club and I haven't been able to access anything since they launched this new site. Anyway, here's the SOI email address and I hope you're able to join at some point!

[email protected]

R.D.

Record Breaker
wow. I suppose that's even worse than my situation. :eek:

I guess I'd better hold off for now. This new site is really strange...they'd better get someone on it pronto.

On topic: it says in the description that there's the "opportunity" for "meet and greets" in "select cities". They did not have this last year, but I would like to know what it's all about.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
There is always the "find a good ticket scalper" option. They usually sell backstage passes for events, because inevitably some people who have them wind up not going and want some cash for it to be taken off their hands.

skamper23

Medalist
wow. I suppose that's even worse than my situation. :eek:

I guess I'd better hold off for now. This new site is really strange...they'd better get someone on it pronto.

On topic: it says in the description that there's the "opportunity" for "meet and greets" in "select cities". They did not have this last year, but I would like to know what it's all about.

They are supposed to be rolling out a new fan club site...."sometime" after Thanksgiving last I heard. ....it's Dec 12th already!!!....I'd be interested in how the Meet & Greets are going to work too! I just hoping that you don't have to buy fan club seats to go the the m/g's for 1. it's too late to buy them for this years shows and 2. they allow fan club members to buy for next season without know what date the show will be on ,and I just cannot do that!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Bump V. 2

I was successful in signing up for the Fan Club benefits. There is still only a welcome page. Let's see if there's anything exciting going on later.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To me, 'next year' is the Olympic year. Anyone want to hazard a guess on whether Sasha will be next year's SOI headliner? It might be her last chance, as the new Olympic champion would obviously be SOI's first choice for the 2011 tour.

R.D.

Record Breaker
And Bump Number Three

I just got an email advertising a Meet and Greet opportunity at the Dallas show next month. FC members can register on the web site. I guess it will be for select cities (cross fingers Philly will be one of them). And they are only choosing two out of the registration pool (at random, not first come first serve). Winners apparently can bring along a guest. Looks like they are/will be offering chances to go backstage to meet the skaters...or so I thought.

Apparently you have to choose a SPECIFIC skater you wish to meet. I have no idea who I would pick, honestly...I thought you got to meet all of them, that would have been cool. And apparently it is BEFORE the show as well.

Of course, though, not gonna worry about that one unless my stop gets chosen and I get chosen.

ETA: I forgot to add, the winners also must have tickets to that show to participate as well.

Last edited:

skamper23

Medalist
Yeah, there's a lot of rules to this and it's more like a lottery pick! I'm never lucky enough to win these things, but here's hoping that they'll have one up here in the Northeast!! Hartford, Providence, Albany are all in driving range for me!! I think you get to watch the warm-ups (that would include all the skaters, right,) but you have to pick only one skater to meet, that's tough!!!!

sillylionlove

Medalist
The rules are crazy! How are you suppossed to pick just one skater at of the SOI lineup? It doesn't make sense. Then not all the fan club members get to go...just two that they pick? I would really like to know who came up with this...I sure would like to give them a piece of my mind!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After one of the SOI shows, a friend and I went by the busses and David Pelltier came out. I am not really interested in him, it was the days when Alexei was in SOI.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
I agree. I have no problem with the rules except that they are only choosing two (I think it should be more like 5), and that you should at least be able to get autographs from the whole cast, even if you don't actually get to "meet" them all. Choosing only one skater out of the bunch is a really tough choice, I'd imagine, for most of us here. The only way I could see it making sense is if you actually get to spend a couple minutes with the skater of your choice, rather than just a quickie autograph and picture, which can't possibly take more than about 15 seconds.

They could have offered Aftershow passes instead, and thus they can give them out to more people. Then again, this meet-and-greet thing sounds like it's more exclusive and intimate than that. I don't like these odds...not at all.

However, gripes aside, it should be pointed out that this is a VAST improvement from last year, when no such opportunity even existed.

After one of the SOI shows, a friend and I went by the busses and David Pelltier came out. I am not really interested in him, it was the days when Alexei was in SOI.

Dee
:laugh: You should have told David, "now you go right back in there and make Alexei come out!"

R.D.

Record Breaker
Looks as if the M&G dates are set. Philly is NOT included, and neither is D.C.

The only place I think within commuting distance of where I am is Long Island, NY. I don't know how far that arena is from NYC though (i.e. would an NYC taxi be able to go there?)

Probably not worth it though.

Brandenburg

Rinkside
While I understand that people want a lot when they get to meet their favorite skaters, some of the expectations here are a little unrealistic though understandable. For instance, a whole cast is not going to stop their scheduled warm-ups and pre-show routines (each of them has his or her own exercises, stretching in additional to on-ice warm up) to greet one or two fans. SOI has previously had these sorts of M&Gs for its Shining Stars program and it has always been 'pick your favorite.'

As far as "after" - there is no after in almost all their cities. After the show, folks pack up quickly, get on the buses and get to the next stop that night (that's when they travel, right after the show). COI in the past had a history of receptions after the show in many cities - SOI hasn't had anything like that in years except where there are special circumstances (like the reception for their main sponsor Smuckers). They are trying to fit a few (unfortunately just a few) fans into their schedule as best they can.

Brandenburg

Last edited: