Skate Canada meet-up? | Golden Skate

Skate Canada meet-up?

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Hey folks coming to Skate Canada,

I am hoping to meet one of the posters at Skate Canada. I was just wondering if anyone else coming to Skate Canada and wants to have a little get-together?

I'll be at the venue Thursday night, the whole day Friday and Saturday. We can meet either in Scotiabank place or some other place nearby. If we want to meet at Scotia Bank place, I suggest:

Club Red Restaurant and Lounge by Scotiabank

- Appetizers and desserts from $10 and entrées from $30

If you are interested in joining, send me a PM and let me know your availability, and then I will make a reservation accordingly.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Wish I were going... sounds like fun! hopefully you can meet up with a few people!

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
I don't know. I'm a little nervous, not being used to meeting people through Internet. Maybe, I'm making a clown out of myself. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Antilles

Medalist
I'm going, but I don't really know my schedule at this point. I know I'll be missing at least a couple of things. I 'm trying to squeeze in some family and a lot of friends on this trip. I'm in section 117, row P.

Chances are my Mum and I will be eating chez Scotiabank on either Friday or Saturday, but I don't know which. I don't think I'm going to be near a computer after tonight, so I think you'll have to count me out fumie!

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Folks and Tigger,

Seems like Saturday is the best choice. And more selections of restaurants.

Frank Finnigan's

Frank Finnigan's Roadhouse

Conveniently located just right of the main entrance, Frank Finnigan's offers tasty snacks, delicious sandwiches and great desserts. Join us before each home game for some fantastic food served in a fast-paced and exciting atmosphere. Listen to the TEAM 1200 broadcast live with new guests before and after the game. The restaurant always fills up quickly, so we suggest you reserve early. Frank Finnigan's restaurant can be booked on non-event days for private parties.

Reservations: Call 599-2582
Hours of Operation: 4:30 p.m.

View our menu (.pdf)

Marshy’s Bar-B-Q

Marshy’s Bar-B-Q & Grill

Ottawa’s largest sports bar is located right inside Scotiabank Place, adjacent to Gate 1. Marshy’s features 35 televisions with access to four satellite feeds. Marshy’s was declared to have the best BBQ sauce in Ottawa in a customer survey, and is a member of the Kansas City BBQ Society. Marshy’s features AAA Alberta Beef and enormous full racks of side ribs weighing in at 1 kilogram. A great place for stags and parties, corporate functions, golf tournaments and your event-planning needs.

Hours of operation: Hockey Games – 3:00pm 'til close (times will vary)
Concerts – 4:00pm 'til close (times will vary)

View our menu (.pdf)

Local Heroes Hockey Country Lodge

Local Heroes Hockey Country Lodge is the place to be while the building fills up. Located just above Gate 2 on the 200 level, “The Lodge” is always a buzz. The menu consists of several Local Heroes favourites that have become some of Ottawa’s most popular fare. Ice cold beer, great music and the exciting sounds of all the pre-game action make this the best place to warm up for another Senators victory. Swing by after the final buzzer to talk about the game and listen to some great live music while the traffic clears.

Hours of Operation: Open for dining during all Ottawa Senators home games from 5:00 pm to close.

View our menu(.pdf)

PLEASE NOTE:
Restaurants are open on event days only, however this may fluctuate from one event to another. To avoid disappointment, please call the restaurant prior to your arrival to inquire about the hours of operation.

CONCESSIONS

Lone Star Texas Grill

Ottawa’s original Tex Mex Saloon is now in Scotiabank Place. Smoked brisket sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwiches, frozen margaritas and ice cold Corona are tried and true favourites to enjoy while watching your Senators take to the ice.

Reservations: None
Hours of operation: Doors open until the 10-minute mark of the third period.

Captain’s Corner

Sample some fare from some of the NHL’s best-known cities. Buffalo wings, Montreal Forum dogs and Philly cheese steaks are featured in this great food destination.

Hours of operation: Doors open until the 10-minute mark of the third period..

111 Deli & Pub

Try one of our famous carvery sandwiches. Roast beef and smoked meat carved to order especially for you.

Hours of Operation: Doors open until the 10-minute mark of the third period.

Chicken Chicken

The juiciest, most mouth-watering chicken around! All of our chicken is 100 per cent trans fat free and is sure to suit both your wallet and your taste buds! Try our tender chicken pieces and wings or treat yourself to our classic chicken wrap. No matter what your choice, Chicken Chicken is a meal that is sure to please the whole family!

Hours of operation: Doors open until the 10-minute mark of the third period.

Pizza Pizza

The undisputed fan favourite, Pizza Pizza always provides the best food, made especially for you. The pizza is made fresh and hot and is ready for you at one of our many Pizza Pizza destinations.

Tim Horton’s

Canada’s favourite coffee & donuts.

Rickard’s Pub

Offering a generous selection of Molson’s beer.

Hours of Operation: Doors open until the start of the third period.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've been to several GS meet ups - people are great, and don't worry about it being awkward. I think going and hanging out at an eatery is a great idea! :)

GS represent!

Judy

Rinkside
Club Red is a $$$ restaurant .. might not be in everyone's budget. Is there confirmation of which restaurants will be open? I highly doubt all of them will be. Marshy's will be for sure.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Judy,

I gave up on Club Red. I'm leaning towards Marshy’s Bar-B-Q or Rickard’s Pub at Gate 3.

I'll check with them and see if they are open.