Katrina Hacker | Golden Skate

Katrina Hacker

flying camel

Medalist
I noticed her Grand Prix event is coming up at Cup of China. Has anyone seen her skate so far this season? Is she doing the Lutz & Flip jumps?

TtonyV7

On the Ice
She does have a (f)Lutz, and probably will add it on later in the season like she did last year.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Have not seen her yet this season either and one I am looking VERY MUCH forward to watching. I felt excited about her performances last year - left me feeling like her best was still to come.

Off to watch the vid!:agree:

Wrlmy

Medalist
She's skating to Scheherazade, isn't she?
There will be a battle of Scheherazade at CoC. Katrina may not be technically up to par with Kim, but her artistry is up there.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I read somewhere this is the last year she plans to compete before going to Princeton.

Medusa

Record Breaker
:laugh: I love that, a planned flutz! That's what I've been saying all these years about the flutzers. It's an extra jump pass
Well, not in her case because she doesn't have Flip at all. Or should we say that she has a Flip with an unusual entrance but no Lutz?

antmanb

Record Breaker
Well, not in her case because she doesn't have Flip at all. Or should we say that she has a Flip with an unusual entrance but no Lutz?

That is actually a really interesting point. If she doesn't attempt a flip at all in the program. Then if i were her then i would submit the planed content sheet saying that the jump attempted in that spot will be a flip. When she does the jump, the callers will not be able to say wrong edge take off if she goes from the outside edge to the inside and can therefore avoid -GOEs.

Ant

TtonyV7

On the Ice
I don't think or prefer if Hacker attempts the Flip. A second Loop should suffice for her for now.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Hacker's jump layout at her most recent competition (Octoberfest in Canada last month) was: 3T+2T, 3Lo and 2A in SP and in the FS, 3T+2T+2Lo, 3S, 3Lo, 3T, 3S, 2A+2T, 2A. One of her 3S may likely be in combo with a 2Lo.

ETA: Hacker's first 3S is supposed to be in combo with a 2Lo -- see the link posted in the planned program elements thread in the CoC forum: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25056

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081104&content_id=54892&vkey=ice_news

Hey you guys Hacker has a diary from China on Ice Network. Not much talk about skating though!

Hacker does not plan to compete any longer next season. She's going to princeton next year. According to a recent interview, she's basically using this year's chance to compete internationally to travel and enjoy her life. She's obviously a very intelligent lady who has a passion for history.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here's the program layout she filed at Cup of China (reference is on icenetwork)
I don't see any flips or lutzes.

Katrina HACKER USA

SP/OD
Triple Toeloop+Double Toeloop
Triple Loop
Flying Sit Spin
Double Axel
Layback Spin
Straight Line Step Sequence
Spiral Sequence
Change Foot Combination Spin
Remarks
FS/FD
Triple Toeloop+Double Toeloop+Double Loop
Triple Salchow+Double Loop
Triple Loop
Flying Sit Spin
Triple Toeloop
Spiral Sequence
Double Axel+Double Toeloop
Fly. Combination Spin
Circular Step Sequence
Triple Salchow
Double Axel
Change Foot Combination Spin

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Hacker does not plan to compete any longer next season. She's going to princeton next year. According to a recent interview, she's basically using this year's chance to compete internationally to travel and enjoy her life. She's obviously a very intelligent lady who has a passion for history.

If this is indeed the case, I wonder if she wishes she had pushed harder to attend worlds last year....

so_proud

Rinkside
If this is indeed the case, I wonder if she wishes she had pushed harder to attend worlds last year....

Hmm. She was one of the skaters whom I was impressed with in the 2008 Four continents championship. Best wishes for her new life, if that's true.