Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

lmarie086

Medalist
Ouch! Carolina fell took a hard fall on 2A, looked like it was right on her knee. I don't know where she'll be placed, with that and the fall in the footwork.

Could kind of tell Caroline was going to fall on the 3 lutz from the take off, but it still surprised me.

Edit: Carolina in 7th?!? Was NOT expecting that.

enlight78

Medalist
ITA KOSTNER
misse the first jump comb
2 footed 3lutz
layback spin
spiral good speed
fall out of no where
fly sit spin
comb spin
footwork
fall 2A

score 48.56 7th

Last edited:

ANW

On the Ice
That fall apparently affected Caroline a lot. She rushed to the music after the fall. But I think she is much faster than last year. And it seemed Caroline was really disappointed after the skate. Hopefully she can get over it
Caroline fell on her first jump but skated okay after that. I don't think she related that well to the music and seemed a little slow out there.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG! *SHOCKED* Carolina Kostner doesn't even make the final group for the LP. :( I hate that she is injured and by the sound of it, those falls must have been painful. I feel really bad for her. :*(

Wrlmy

Medalist
Wow this is just shocking..
I'm actually heartbroken for Carolina than anyone else.

feraina

Record Breaker
Carolina under-rotated the combo, 3F-3T<, 2-footed the 3Z, and I believe the first fall was on her set-up for the 2A. She then tried to squeeze in the 2A at the end, but it was rushed and under-rotated, another fall. She's lucky she's got 48.56 with not a single clean jump. I'm sure her PCS helped her.

oleada

Record Breaker
What a horrid event.

Joannie was definitely the highlight, though overscored. I think the judges were just gifting her because she wasn't absolutely horrid. That said, she had my favorite program of the day.

Fumie - nothing special but clean.

Caroline - Her jump technique is possibly even worse than before. Lovely spins and I think more power. But she looked so slow after Joannie.

Carolina - I felt bad for her, as I read she's been struggling with injury.

Jenni - Another victim of the puberty monster :( Lots of speed and power from such a young girl, though.

ANW

On the Ice
CaroK's 1st fall is so weird. I gotta blame it on something. Ice, must be the ice!

*Sniper*

On the Ice
As bad as I feel for CaroK, how is it even possible that she gets the highest PCS of the day with not a single clean jump and falls all over the place?

sillylionlove

Medalist
So far this season I am not impressed with any of the ladies (excluding Yu-Na at Skate America)

Sure hope things get better as the season progresses or the ladies competition will just a snooze fest for me.