Men's LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

feraina

Record Breaker
I feel for all the skating fans who paid for Ice Network coverage. I've heard nothing but complaints on all the online skating forums I visit. I'm glad I decided not to subscribe as I would be furious with their results.

I've had no problem with IN today. I'm watching the 400K version on a Mac. Both audio and video have been great.

Shawn Sawyer's scores from SA last week:
Free Skate: 135.84
Combined Total: 199.98

And this week:
Free Skate: 142.36
Combined Total: 206.56

feraina

Record Breaker
Gosh, Brandon Mroz so lacking in luster after Sawyer -- bad posture, low energy, shaky jumps, dull choreography, haltering footwork sequence (he looks tired). He looked like he almost couldn't quite finish the footwork sequence.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Brandon Mroz:
His costume just makes me smile.
handdown on 3toe? didn't get the height for quad
3axel-2toe, shaky landing
3f-2t-2r
3loop
falls on 3axel
3lutz-2toe
3salchow? IN froze. for almost two minutes.
Wasn't a good skate for Brandon.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I've had no problem with IN today. I'm watching the 400K version on a Mac. Both audio and video have been great.

Shawn Sawyer's scores from SA last week:
Free Skate: 135.84
Combined Total: 199.98

And this week:
Free Skate: 142.36
Combined Total: 206.56

Does IN work better on mac?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With this schedule, I can't blame the guys for being tired . . . to skate a SP in the evening and to skate a LP the very next afternoon can't be an easy task, especially so early in the season.

feraina

Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer's LP score beats Evan's last week at SA! But he's trailing Evan by 7 points from the SP. So probably the chance of Shawn medaling isn't all that high, too bad...

feraina

Record Breaker
Voronov has great height on his jumps, but somehow shaky in-air and landing positions (a bit sloppy and not very well controlled). Just doubled a flip as I'm typing... but the next 3S-2T looks good.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Is this Brandon's senior debut?
American newbies are not having a great year.

Sergei Voronov:
4toe
3axel
2flip
3axel-2toe
3loop
I don't like this tango
wonky landing on 3toe
3sal
3toe-2t-2r

I hope this doesn't beat Shawn.

feraina

Record Breaker
Another slow Russian man.

Yeah, and bad posture, too, no stretch, rounded shoulders. I can't enjoy a performance when the skater doesn't have pleasing line, no matter how good the jumps.

Piazzola music is very hard to dance/skate to. Piazzola said himself that he didn't write music with dancers in mind, even though it was music in the tango tradition. The rhythms are really syncopated and wild, and very fast-paced. So if you don't have amazing basic skating skills and speed, it makes you (as a skater) look constantly rushed and behind (as unfortunately Voronov is made to look).

feraina

Record Breaker
He is not as expressive and exciting as Pushenko.

Nor as good of jumps, or speed, or secure edging, i.e. all the downsides and none of the upside, except for the great height on some of the jumps. He gets super-natural height on those jumps!

shine

Record Breaker
Indeed. Voronov is actually making me appreciate Plushenko a bit in retrospective now. He's kind of zzzz.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh WOW, Shawn is still in the lead!! :love::bow:

He is assured of at least 5th place.