Actor John Ritter dies. | Golden Skate

Actor John Ritter dies.

Blade1

On the Ice
This was a total shock to me this morning, when my BF told me the news. I was in disbelief. So young, and had to much to live for. I loved his work, especially on Three's Company. And then with his new show starting its second season. How he will be sadly missed.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Blade1, I know what you mean about being shocked. Yes, he will be missed.

Dee

serenity

On the Ice
I just read this on my homepage and I am so shocked. I was walking around the house and all I can say is omg. He will always be one of my favorite actors.

mike79

On the Ice
He was one of the last of a dying breed in the acting world--a true slapstick genius. Three's Company was one of my all-time favorite shows. John will be missed.

windspirit

On the Ice
How very sad. But he seemed to have a full life, and died doing what he (I presume) loved best. I've read that he died at the hospital he was born at.

Btw, here's an interesting and informative article about the heart condition they said he had (aortic dissection):
http://www.discover.com/july_01/featvital.html

An excerpt:
"A dozen conditions may predispose to dissection, but high blood pressure leads the pack, causing 70 to 90 percent of cases. Other triggers include Marfan's syndrome, cocaine use, and even pregnancy, but a disquieting number of the 15,000 to 30,000 cases in the United States each year arise in young people with no risk factors."

Scary. :(

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Actor John Ritter dies

That hit me hard-I was totally shocked-as everybody! He was young and so great! I remember him of course in Three's Company and he had a new series! He will be so missed!:cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wonder if they'll do a special on "8 Ways to Date My Daughter" to "say goodbye"... I hope that one of the TV companies he worked for gives him a tribute of sorts...

he was also the voice of "Clifford" on the PBS cartoon series "Clifford"... *sigh* :(

He's probably my dad's favorite TV actor of all time... and I also loved his work... mom told me yesterday morning and for about an hour I just had this heavy feeling...

isn't weird how someone whom you never *knew* can effect you in such a way that you're depressed when they pass on?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I too was saddened and shocked. Does anyone remember him from his "The Waltons" days. He played a minister who married the school teacher..........I am also wondering if they will replace him on his series, or continue the series without him for awhile, and then bring in a new character.....It was a hit after all....42

nysk8r

Rinkside
I saw Good Day Live on Friday and they had Henry Winkler and Suzanne Somers on the phone talking about his death..... it was just heartbreaking to hear them talk, especially Henry Winkler because he was rehearsing with him that very day.

Ritter seemed so genuinely nice and sincere, and did many offbeat guest roles on TV after Three's Company that I appreciated. It showed a versatility that I never thought he had.... it really saddens me that I won't get to see more of that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The ET show was heartbreaking today... I feel so sorry for his wife and daughter... their birthdays forever overshadowed by his death

and his birthday just a week later? :(

windspirit

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
and his birthday just a week later? :(
From what I've read:

Sep 11 - his daughter's birthday (and he died on Sep 11)
Sep 12 - his wife's birthday
Sep 17 - his birthday
Sep 18 - their wedding anniversary

This September will be very hard for his family, and the future ones won't be much easier. I really feel for them.