Blade Recommendations | Golden Skate

Blade Recommendations

Phobiamaster856

Rinkside
Does anybody have any blade recommendations for advanced freestyle? I'm trying to find some decent blades so any recommendations are appreciated =)

singerskates

On the Ice
My advice would be to pick the type of blade (profile) with which you're use to skating. The check out the major blade companies; Ultima, Wilson, and so on. On each of their websites they have the specs for the blades they sell; radius of the hollow, rocker and more.

I'll start you off with Jackson Skates/Ultima/Gam;

http://www.jacksonskates.com/html/frames/frameset-Ultima.html

By the way, I'm just doing singles. I lost the only double I had in 2005 after a work place injury took me off of the ice for a year and it messed with my neck and shoulders. But I do know a good buy.

Last edited:

vlaurend

Final Flight
What blades are you using now? If you are using MK blades, you may want to stick with MK so you don't have to adjust to a different profile/rocker shape. If you are using WIlson blades, the most popular blades for senior level skaters seem to be the Gold Seal and Pattern 99. You can either stick with WIlsons or try one of the top end Ultima blades or Paramount blades, which are actually based on the Wilson profile (I think they are based on the Gold Seal blade). Ultima blades are cheaper, but Paramount blades are lighter and don't have to be sharpened as often.

Also, what is it that you don't like about your current blades? That will affect your choice of new blades as well.

Last edited:

singerskates

On the Ice
What blades are you using now? Ultima blades are cheaper, but Paramount blades are lighter and don't have to be sharpened as often.

I've been using Ultima Elite blades since January 2008 and only had to sharpen them 6 times since then. So if the Paramounts need less sharpenings than that, how many times less would one have to sharpen the Paramounts?