TV Alert - On Now !!!! Frankie Valli & Four Season Tribute on Ice | Golden Skate

TV Alert - On Now !!!! Frankie Valli & Four Season Tribute on Ice

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sun. Nov. 2, 4-6 EST, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons Tribute on Ice NBC

Dee

isk82

On the Ice
It sure is fun to watch the guy play the sax and keyboards while Brian is SKATING. We see him do some crossovers, a jump set up, then back to the band again. I enjoy Frankie's backup singers' choreography, too, but geeeeez..................... :-(

sar

Rinkside
I am watching the Frankie Valli Special right now.
Does anyone know who the female is that Brian Boitano brought out on the ice to sit in a chair??
Love this show - it is really great!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sar - was wondering that myself... I wasn't really looking but it could have been Linda (his coach)... or his mom?

That was great! Thanks, Dee.

You know who I really liked? Caryn Kadavy. :rock:

Good to see Lang and Tcherneshev again. :clap:

I think I will go back to my Yuka Sato avatar! :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yuka rocked!

the show was hit or miss for me... I still prefer the 'old pros' to the newbies

and Shae-Lynn is a one trick wonder... ho hum

Here is where you can write to Musselman's Apple Sauce to thank them for sponsoring the show.

http://www.musselmans.com/ContactUs.aspx

And here is where you can write to Smucker's Jams amd Jellies.

http://www.smuckers.com/contact/default_general.asp

Speaking of Apple Sauce, I always wished Stars on Ice would do Disney's Johnny Appleseed -- the world's greatest animated short feature -- with Kristi Yamaguchi as Johnny and Scott Hamilton as the Guardian Angel.

"Get on a wagon rollin' west!" ♫ ♪

sar

Rinkside
You Could Be Right

sar - was wondering that myself... I wasn't really looking but it could have been Linda (his coach)... or his mom?

Tonichelle - now that you mentioned Linda, it definitely could have been her. Did she have long or short hair when she was coaching back when?
Thanks

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tonichelle - now that you mentioned Linda, it definitely could have been her. Did she have long or short hair when she was coaching back when?
Thanks

I think she had short hair, but that was 20 years ago, and my nearly 4 year old little mind at the time didn't find that info relevant :laugh:

I just realized this weekend that January marks 20 years of me being obsessed with this sport... time flies!

mememe

On the Ice
I am watching the Frankie Valli Special right now.
Does anyone know who the female is that Brian Boitano brought out on the ice to sit in a chair??
Love this show - it is really great!!!

The lady is Jeanne Martin, she is/has been an agent for many skaters, and is a very good friend of Brian's. I believe she is the one who helped put together the Skate for Life benefit show for the Ara Parseghian Foundation back in the 1990s. A very nice lady.

Did you guys catch the USFS ad for U.S. Nationals. While they were showing Mirai Nagasu the voiceover said, will last year's champions defend their titles? Or will a new generation take center stage?

So now there is a new generation behind Mirai that we are supposed to be on the lookout for? :laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think they're just trying to hype the Nats. If there is indeed a new generation moving up, I have no idea about it. Right now, the main threats are the Top Four from last year, and possibly Meissner as spoiler, if she gets her act together.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So now there is a new generation behind Mirai that we are supposed to be on the lookout for? :laugh:

Yeah, I noticed the irony too...

they're also only hyping the men's and ladies (though they did show M/B and Tanith in short clips)

really annoyed with NBC's coverage (or lack there of)

Last edited:

sar

Rinkside
Thanks

The lady is Jeanne Martin, she is/has been an agent for many skaters, and is a very good friend of Brian's. I believe she is the one who helped put together the Skate for Life benefit show for the Ara Parseghian Foundation back in the 1990s. A very nice lady.

Thank you very much for the info. I was surprised that they did not introduce who it was!