Who's Who in New Faces | Golden Skate

Who's Who in New Faces

April

Rinkside
With the new scoring system and new season, who will be the strike out skater, the fresh new face, this year?

My picks:

1. Weir
2. Jenniffer Don

While I see the potential in Don, I think it will be next year. This year it will be Bebe.:)

Johnny almost broke through last year. I think this will be as Rhoda put it "New York, this is your last chance!". I hope he does. If not, Evan Lysacek will have eyes popping in surprise. He has the whole package but no quads.

Those are Americans. I would love to read from poster's opinions of 2nd Tier (or non Elite) skaters in their countries. (Oh,Skating Cable come soon!).

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Jennifer Don only landed 2 triples to win at Niebelhorn. She'd have to do a heck of a lot better to be successful on the senior ladies singles GP/US/World level. :sheesh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
i think the hope for Jenny Don would be in pairs, not singles.

But provided her back heals well, I have some hopes for Yebin Mok to break out this year. Her beautiful technique may well be rewarded under COP if she is OK in time for her one GP event.

And it will be interesting to see how COP deals with Ryan Jahnke.

I hope Dan Fang has a good season!

Is Yukina Ota going to compete as a senior this year?

dpp

Lcp88

On the Ice
I think it will depend on which skaters have what in their programs this year with the COP. But I think Don/Hunt and Vise/Kole in pairs and Scott Smith and Andrei Griazev in men will make big jumps this year. Also, I hope Carolina Kostner inproves and makes the European podium. She was very promising last year.
Laura

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
OTA

Super!! Then I would not be surprised for her to be the next big thing this year@! Dpp

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Tomas Verner and Nora Hoffmann/Atilla Elek are staying in juniors this year, at least through the Grand Prix season, but I think they have the potential to make a (relative) leap at Europeans and Worlds.