Thread: Touching Tribute to 9/11 Tragedy....

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Touching Tribute to 9/11 Tragedy....

We all were touched in one way or another by the tragic events that unfolded Sept, 11, 2001 in NYC. No matter where we are from we were stunned by the evil actions of a few wicked men. Here is an awesome tribute to those who perished on that fatelful day. It really brings home how vulnerable we all are and really how precious life is. You don't want to miss this:

http://www.vicode.com/

wow....

though I think Philidelphia and the Pentagon have really been the ones to have been forgotten... everyone associates 9/11 to New York, forgetting the brave souls that gave their lives so that they could thwart the hijackers' plan. They forget the Pentagon, but people died on that plane and in that building as well...

Always Dream
    wow. That really touched me, I cried. Life is precious and a lot of people lost a brother, a sister, a father, or a mother in the tragedies of Sept 11. I pray for them every night.

I don't think anyone will ever forget what happened on 9-11. I know I won't.

One of the planes crashed one county away from me. That was too scary.
    :(

In love with the axel!
    That was quite moving- I got teary seeing the pictures that I haven't seen in quite a while.

You know, somebody said after this year's September 11th that we need to get over this - that showing the memorials and mourning on tv was, well, morbid.

I responded that Americans have a tendency to short memories - and that we must never forget what those people did to us that day and that we must never forget why our soldiers are fighting the war against terrorism. Morbid? Maybe. But if it ensures that we never forget than it is worth it.

I don't live anywhere near where the terrorist attacks occured, but I still remember that day in vivid detail - especially around Sept 11th each year. I remember that clear blue sky...the lack of planes going into Detroit Metro (and now I notice the planes flying in)...I remember the fear I had for my child - even though I know the chances of a terrorist attack in my small town is very limited. I remember the anguish I felt watching CNN and seeing what was happening in New York, and Washington and Pennsylvania. I remember - and I, for one, will never forget.

Thanks, Ladskater, for posting the link.
    Last edited by sk8er1964; 09-14-2003 at 08:56 PM.

Michelle Kwan Fan
    Originally posted by aly*cutie
    wow. That really touched me, I cried. Life is precious and a lot of people lost a brother, a sister, a father, or a mother in the tragedies of Sept 11. I pray for them every night.

I don't think anyone will ever forget what happened on 9-11. I know I won't.

One of the planes crashed one county away from me. That was too scary.
    :(
    I know, that is so sad and none of us will ever forget. What a moving tribute to the 9-11 memorial that was. :(

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Thanks Lad, that was indeed touching.

Dee