OBAMA's huge victory | Golden Skate

OBAMA's huge victory

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
He will have more than double the electoral votes that McCain got by the time everything is officially called. He won several states that almost always go Republican, like INDIANA.

Now the question is - how much will he be able to do outside of cleaning up the Bush atrocities?

Bennett

Record Breaker
The wide margin surprised me. I guess that the sentiment that his oppositional party was supposed to be blamed for the timely economic crisis would have helped him. This victory reminds me of a former prime minister of Japan, Junichiro Koizumi, who had a very fresh image and claimed that he would destroy the conservatives when he first appeared. But then what happened?

jennylovskt

Medalist
Congratulations, America! This is truly a historical moment. You did it! It has once more shown why you are the hope, the dream, the inspiration, and the future! Obama will not only unite the United States of America, I have every reason to believe that he will unite the whole world. I am so happy for you, and I cried along with the people on TV.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations, America! This is truly a historical moment. You did it! It has once more shown why you are the hope, the dream, the inspiration, and the future! Obama will not only unite the United States of America, I have every reason to believe that he will unite the whole world. I am so happy for you, and I cried along with the people on TV.
Jennylovskt, thanks so much for your kind words.

As I watched his victory speech, I was in tears...history indeed. I just pray that he can unite the world....tough thing to do. There is so much on his plate. I also pray that he & his family remain safe.

Dee

fiercemao

Match Penalty

Unite the whole world? Give us a break, please. This sort of crazy talk makes me question my own intelligence. :bow: Are many figure skating fans really that dumb?
Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Unite the whole world? Give us a break, please. This sort of crazy talk makes me question my own intelligence. :bow: Are many figure skating fans really that dumb?

That is uncalled for.
I cannot wait to see what Obama does in the White House. We've taken a step in the right direction, but I was really surprised by how big of a victory it was; I thought it would be closer.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
That is uncalled for.
I cannot wait to see what Obama does in the White House. We've taken a step in the right direction, but I was really surprised by how big of a victory it was; I thought it would be closer.

n a democratic system, IMHO, sheep(the 'average voters') deserve all the disaster their own action has sparked. They elected George W. Bush twice, and it's a down hill non-stop, it is now George W. III, democratic version. I sure hope there's a way to seperate the responsibility of those who've voted for the disastrous presidents in history and those who've opposed.

How about a fund collected from voters at the beginning of a president, if by the end, that president proves to be a disaster, the money will be redistributed to the states who opposed that president? How about sending mainstream journalists to jail if their hype of a particular candidate proves to be a disaster to the country?

People should be accounted for their action. Politicians get tossed out if they do a poor job. But there's never any punishment on voters and journalists.

It's going to be an interesting four years. You don't jump from far right to the far left. I can't wait to see the upcoming disaster. The beginning of the end of an empire in the making? To be honest, the sheep(American voters) deserve it if the trend continues. Too bad, there's no way to separate the responsibility of each individual voter for their own action.

Here's my proposal. If Obama proves to be a disasterous president in four years, those who voted for him will see their taxes increase by 100% for the next four years or maybe get fired from their jobs? those who opposed him will see their taxes decrease by 100%. Those who hyped him in the media will be sent to jail for one year. If he proves to be a reasonably good president, those who elected will get a tax break, those who voted against him will not see any tax reduction for four years.

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

This from the poster that finds copyright laws "disgusting" and wishes there were drugs the US ladies coudl take to stop them growing. I think you perhaps should question your "intelligence".

Ant

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I think you perhaps should question your "intelligence".

Ant

At least I didn't put much of my own money in the stock market after being burned by tech bubble. :laugh::laugh: I knew this was coming, and I have very little sympathy for those who have suffered as a result of believing in the hype of mainstream media.

As I said, you can't just blame government or politicians for their horrendous actions, you have to question yourself why time after time you've elected the similar type of over-hyped politicians with ZERO achievement,dangerous radical ideology and huge ego. Yeah, I am glad the stock market is collapsing, it's a punishment for the collective irresponsibility and dumbness of the mass. I will continue to cheer for the collapse of the empire and hope for the further punishment of the idiotic electorate for the next four years. I make no bones about it. :laugh::laugh:

Remember Hitler was also 'elected' by the enthusiastic mass. Stock market is down almost 300 points now to celebrate the victory of our Messiah. I'm wondering why his devout followers haven't jumped in the market yet since the earth will soon be healed?

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Last edited:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Remember Hitler was also 'elected' by the enthusiastic mass. Stock market is down almost 300 points now to celebrate the victory of our Messiah. I'm wondering why his devout followers haven't jumped in the market yet since the earth will soon be healed?

I've completely lost all respect for you.

ks777

Record Breaker
I am so happy for everyone who supported for Obama. I just love their kids and Michelle Obama! The thought of them decorating the white house makes me smile.

decker

On the Ice
Worst comparison ever?

Nah. It's not even original.

The talk radioistas and other assorted wingnuts have been spewing the same nonsense at least since the Berlin speech.

One of the TV pundits said last week that a Hitler comparison is the last bastion of a scoundrel who has no legitimate argument to support his position. Rachel Maddow, maybe? I watch a lot of MSNBC so it's probably one of their folks.

Susan

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I've completely lost all respect for you.

I'm not seeking your respect. :rock::rock: This is not a popularity contest. I'm sure for all those enthusiastic Hitler supporters, there was also a noble cause with hoooop. The truth is if we can separate those who voted for Hitler, those accomplice, they deserved nothing but life-in-prison or death penalty under the law considering Hitler's atrocity on humanity. Unfortunately, there's no way we could separate those voters...

Of course I'm not comparison the current Messiah to Hitler here. I am just saying in a democratic society, voters need to bear responsibility for their votes. Unfortunately, there's no accountability, no punishment for voters' irrational actions whatsoever. The average sheep only go with flow, that's why we keep on electing these lousy and sometimes dangerous politicians.

Voters who have elected these thugs need to be punished, period. :clap:

Dow is down 400 points, what a great way to celebrate the 'historic making event'.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
while I didn't vote for him, I will still be proud to be an American, and I'll pray for him as well as stand behind him

I will still be vocal where we disagree - as is still my right - but calling names (he ain't hitler) or throwing a tantrum just isn't my thing. we have 4 years (if that, who knows what tomorrow holds) and then we get to do this again. life goes on...

I'm just thankful I get my governor back and the ads are off the air.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I will still be vocal where we disagree - as is still my right - but calling names (he ain't hitler) or throwing a tantrum just isn't my thing.

We don't know whether he is or is not Hitler incarnation or something else. Only in rear mirror, we were able to contemplate what a 'historical choice' German people had made... He may turn out to be a decent president, but my personal opinion is that he's going to be a disaster even George W. Bush can't be compared to.

Believe me, I'm happy for this result. I've never been a fan of McCain. Now the democratic party is in full control of everything, and let them abuse their power, and frankly let those who voted for them to suffer for another four years. Voters need to bear consequences of their choice, period. For each individual, well, just tighten up your own belt and survive. :laugh:

Medusa

Record Breaker
The truth is if we can separate those who voted for Hitler, those accomplice, they deserved nothing but life-in-prison or death penalty under the law considering Hitler's atrocity on humanity. Unfortunately, there's no way we could separate those voters...

Of course I'm not comparison the current Messiah to Hitler here. I am just saying in a democratic society, voters need to bear responsibility for their votes. Unfortunately, there's no accountability, no punishment for voters' irrational actions whatsoever. The average sheep only go with flow, that's why we keep on electing these lousy and sometimes dangerous politicians.

Voters who have elected these thugs need to be punished, period. :clap:
People don't get punished? Of course they get punished. Everyone who voted for Hitler got punished and the ones who votes against him got punished too. Or don't you consider it punishment if you lose a war in a spectacular manner, have your most beautiful and old cities bombed and destroyed beyond recogniction, your national pride and reputation in the World destroyed for all eternity, the civilian population suffering enormously, one third of the country seperated from the rest and given to the Soviets as a plaything for 40 years?

The Japanese got punished for tolerating their regime - or do you consider a couple of nuclear bombs not punishment enough?

And the US got punished for electing and tolerating Bush, they pay enormous amounts of money every day for the war in Iraq, their reputation around the World suffered a lot, the economy looks bad...

Democracy is about being responsible, about acting responsibly, about caring about others, about thinking responsibly - and if the majority of the country doesn't do that, everyone suffers the consequences. The people in the country, the people elsewhere (like the 600 000 civilian deaths in Iraq). I think that's why lots of people don't want have anything to do with politics - it's so much easier to say that politics is stupid anyway and that oneself is nonpolitical - than to accept the responsibility that comes with our rights, with our system, with our culture.