Elvis' New Coach | Golden Skate

Elvis' New Coach

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just saw this article about Elvis for those interested. His new coach will be Linda Bridge. Go Elvis!

Elvis looks forward to competing again

4/30/2003

RICHMOND HILL, Ont. (CP) - Elvis Stojko says he is returning to competitive figure skating because he hasn't reached his full potential.

And the former three-time world champion says he has not ruled out competing at the 2006 Olympics in Turin, Italy.

"I just started trying triple Axels again. I haven't done them in four or five months, they feel great," he told reporters Wednesday.

"I've got no injuries. My body's healthy, my mind's healthy. I'm ready to go."

His new coach is Linda Bridge, who has been coaching Canadian junior champion Ken Rose.

Stojko, 31, announced his retirement on March 12, 2002, and was named to the Skate Canada Hall of Fame last June.

Most recently he has been touring the United States as a member of the Champions On Ice cast.

He won world titles in 1994, 1995 and 1997, and he also won Olympic silver in 1994 and 1998.

After missing most of the 2000-2001 season with injuries and finishing 10th at the world championships, he went to the Salt Lake City Olympics and finished a disappointing eighth. It was generally perceived that he could no longer keep up with younger skaters such as Alexei Yagudin and Evgeni Plushenko, who have dominated the top of the world podium since Stojko stopped winning.

http://www.tsn.ca/images/stories/20020917/stojko_52885.jpg