Medalist
Men
1. Joubert
2. Chan
3. Kozuka

Ladies
1. Mao Asada
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Caroline Zhang (IMO, she'll come back fighting after SC. Or that's what I'm hoping)

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Duhamel/Buntin

Ice Dance
1. DelSchoes
2. Kerrs
3. Faiella/Scali (I'm hoping for an outside chance of Carron/Jost)

Bennett

Record Breaker
Men
1. Joubert
2./3. Chan/Kozuka (Chan would be better at PCS but Kozuka may land more jumps. Hope both skaters get better marks than Joubert on skating skills and transitions and Chan get better marks than Joubert on interpretation, choreos, and performance, too;). IMO, Kozuka's SP transitions have been the best among all the skaters who skated so far.)

Ladies
1. Mao Asada (hope she lands two 3As, a lutz with a correct edge, and two 3-3s and win by a large margin if she can. Wow, already sounds a crazy program.)
2. Joannie Rochette (hope she does even better than her SC showing where she missed a couple of jumps)
3. ? (Will Caroline be recovered by then?)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men
1. Takahiko Kozuka
2. Patrick Chan
3. Brian Joubert

Ladies
1. Mao Asada
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Caroline Zhang

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Duhamel/Buntin

Ice Dance
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Faiella/Scali
3. Kerr/Kerr

chocola

Rinkside
Men
1. Brian Joubert
2. Patrick Chan
3. Takahiko Kozuka

Ladies
1. Mao Asada
2. Joannie Rochette
3. Caroline Zhang

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Duhamel/Buntin

Ice Dance
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Kerr/Kerr
3. Faiella/Scali

sillylionlove

Medalist
With the way things have been going with the men....Joubert will probably come in last and some unknown guy will win!!

:rofl:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With the way things have been going with the men....Joubert will probably come in last and some unknown guy will win!!
:rofl:

:laugh: This GP season has been pretty insane so far; ANYTHING can happen wth the guys! I'm half expecting that they will all be abducted by UFOs. :p

My prediction for the men:
1. Patrick Chan
2. Brian Joubert
3. Takahiko Kozuka
4. Ryan Bradley
5. Alban Préaubert

R.D.

Record Breaker
:laugh: This GP season has been pretty insane so far; ANYTHING can happen wth the guys! I'm half expecting that they will all be abducted by UFOs. :p

Hopefully that means Mao Asada will not win.

THAT would be the shocker of shockers.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
My predictions .........

Ladies

1) Caroline
2) Mao
3) Joannie

Men

1) Brian
2) Ryan ( They ryme. :biggrin: )
3) Patrick

Medusa

Record Breaker
Everyone is doing crazy predictions now, it's too funny. (I am still the only one who predicted Kozuka though I think!)

The unimportant stuff first

DANCE
1. those French World Champions, which is just a favourite pick and has nothing to do with objective factors - they are French, they are creative, they were underdogs for a long time: Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. the Scottish ones, because they are Scottish, because they are crazy and because they are very good and creative: Kerr/Kerr
3. Carron/Jost, because they are French and creative and seem really nice

I really don't know anything about Ice dance, that's why I always make my very subjective predictions here....

LADIES
1. Mao Asada, because she is Mao Asada (and I can't wait to see if 1 - she got the Triple Axel to the beginning of the season, 2 - she really fixed that flutz, 3 - she really can do that 3 Salchow in competitions and 4- she really will be able to be the first lady with a 8 Triple performance)
2. Joannie Rochette, because she seems stable right now, though I am not enthralled by her skating, she is clean, she is proper - she is like a Canadian version of Sarah Meier, just with better jumps, or like the female version of Jeff Buttle, whose musicality I always admired but who never thrilled me
3. Elene Gedevanishvili, because her jumps have gotten bigger, she didn't have catastrophic outings in the preseason and I think that she has one of the best skating personalities and presentation out there

I am really excited to see how Asada is doing. And I hope for Gedevanishvilli, she has great potential and it would be great to see a girl to overcome the kind of growth spurt she had.

PAIRS
1. Duhamel/Buntin - because they are very athletic, they are powerful and I think that they can do great things, they also don't seem to be somehow stagnant in their development (*cough* Dube/Davison *cough*)
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy - they'll mess up their sbs jumps and because D/C have a very perfect outing, S/S will have to settle for the silver
3. Mukhortova/Trankov - nerves! They won't have a good SP this time, but a decent LP

Am I the only one who kind of loses track of all those Chinese couples flying around? At every competition there is a Chinese couple besides P/T and Z/Z - but I can't memorise who is who, and who was how good... They should be colour-coded. Wait, they are. I'll just learn their costumes by heart!

MEN
Such an exciting competition! And I am going to be there! Live! I can't wait till next week. And I am too afraid to make my prediction here. Ahhh... Well, let's see. I think I'll go for... I went for Kozuka at SA, but we got a Joubert here, that's just someone so much bigger to predict against than against a Lysacek or a Weir. Alright, here I go

1. Brain Joubert, yes - he can do it, and I want a Quad, at least as pretty as Verner's today - make that two Quads. And a non-scary 3A. Brian can do them nearly as scary as Lysacek and Lambiel.
2. Takahiko Kozuka - the little one will be good again, but I don't think he will be good enough for the maître
3. Alban Préaubert - he was brilliant once in the preseason, horrific the competition after that - should be another brilliant outing this time

Buttercup

Record Breaker
2. the Scottish ones, because they are Scottish, because they are crazy and because they are very good and creative: Kerr/Kerr.
You don't need to actually give reasons...;) they're the Kerrs! John will wear his kilt for the EX! That's good enough for me.

Am I the only one who kind of loses track of all those Chinese couples flying around? At every competition there is a Chinese couple besides P/T and Z/Z - but I can't memorise who is who, and who was how good... They should be colour-coded. Wait, they are. I'll just learn their costumes by heart!
Z/Z have lovely SP costumes. Very elegant.

Such an exciting competition! And I am going to be there! Live! I can't wait till next week.
I am SO jealous. TEB is closest geographically to where I live, but still too far away. Throw them some stuffed animals for me, too!

And I really, really hope there are no last-minute withdrawals from TEB, unlike some of the other events this season (or like last year with Joubert being ill).

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Men
1. Joubert
2. Kozuka
3. Chan
4. Bradley

Ladies
1. Rochette
2. Asada
3. Zhang
4. Gedevanishvili

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Duhamel/Buntin
4. Vise/Trent

Dance
1. Delobel/Schoenfelder
2. Kerr/Kerr
3. Faiella/Scali
4. Crone/Poirier

life684

Final Flight
Mens
1)Kozuka
2)Chan(Don't mind other way around)
3)Joubert

Womens
1) Asada
2)Rochete
3)Zhang(she is BOORING)

Pairs
1)Mukortova/Trankov
2)Savchenko/Szolkowy (I hate their sp, there should be a 10 point deduction for anything that doesn't seem earthly.)
3)Dong/Wu(watch out for all Chinese and Russian Juniors)

Dance
1) Kerr :party:
2)D/S (this will be officially the 8th wonder:biggrin:)
3)Faiella/Scali

Last edited:

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice

My prediction for the men:
1. Patrick Chan
2. Brian Joubert
3. Takahiko Kozuka
4. Ryan Bradley
5. Alban Préaubert

Wow, when I looked down the list, I found out our predictions for the men are exactly the same, that means things can happen;)
TEB was Patrick's senior GP debut in 06, he won for the first time last year, and he shall win again:rock:

Ladies
1. Asada
2. Rochette
3. Zhang
4. Gedevanishvili (a wild card...:think:)
5. Liang/Hughs (gals w/ similar power)

Paris
1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
2. Duhamel & Buntin (hope his shoulder recovered well and strengthen)
3. Mukhortova & Trankov
4. Vise & Trent
Not too fimiliar with the rest...

Dance
1. Delobel & Schoenfelder
2. Crone & Poirier (give the youster a boost:rock:)
3. Kerr & Kerr (luv them)
4. Faiella & Scali
5. Carron & Jost