DomShabs and K&N's Programs on ISU Bios | Golden Skate

DomShabs and K&N's Programs on ISU Bios

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Domnina and Shabalin's programs are up:

OD: Waltz from Suite No. 2 for Jazz Orchestra by Dmitri Shostakovitch (They must be kidding. I don't care that this was a waltz written in the time period. It just is not a rhythm of the period)

FD: Spartacus by Aram Khatchaturian

and Khokhlova and Novitski's

OD: Blues: Sam's Blues by Sam Taylor; Swing: Puttin' On the Ritz

Fred Astaire does the Blues? Or Bluzman imitates Fred Astaire? These 2 parts of the program don't quite fit together in concept for me.

FD: Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninov

lmarie086

Medalist
Well if DomShabs' OD is a waltz then I really am not surprised that B/A's OD looks like a waltz rather than tap.

I'll be very interested to see how these all look-am attempting to stay up for the ODs-anyone else?

Mafke

Medalist
Domnina and Shabalin's programs are up:
OD: Waltz from Suite No. 2 for Jazz Orchestra by Dmitri Shostakovitch (They must be kidding. I don't care that this was a waltz written in the time period. It just is not a rhythm of the period)
----
and Khokhlova and Novitski's
OD: Blues: Sam's Blues by Sam Taylor; Swing: Puttin' On the Ritz
Fred Astaire does the Blues? Or Bluzman imitates Fred Astaire? These 2 parts of the program don't quite fit together in concept for me.

D&S: Yikes, they need to get _hammered_ by the judges for this (better now than worlds) how can their coaches let them do something so wrongheaded? The Russian fed is paying for derilection of duty?

K&N: Which Sam Taylor? The Bluzman is just as off base as Shostakovich, but there was also a jazz saxophonist who began his career in the 40's and played with swing bands and later was influential in rhythm and blues and early rock and roll. He can be heard at 6.07 in this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiC54gqRH3I

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Didn't wake up in time for K&N's OD, but I just saw D&S's, except for the first bit where my stream froze. It's much more of a period piece than a period dance, though it's a beautiful one.
They lost the OD, but by less than a point, and they're still in first going into the free.