Which skaters do you find extremely boring? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

• Jenni Meno & Todd Sand

Votes: 69 16.0%
  • Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov

Votes: 128 29.6%
  • Tatiana Todmanina & Maxim Marinin

Votes: 65 15.0%
  • Todd Eldredge

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • Timothy Goebel

Votes: 78 18.1%
  • Michael Weiss

Votes: 101 23.4%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

Votes: 60 13.9%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Others - which?

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

CanadianSkater

Rinkside
One question?

Kuchana.......do u have a favourite skater? What are you basing ur opinions of a boring skater on......skill, appearance etc. (I don't mean to write this in any negative way I was just wondering)

Kuchana

On the Ice
CanadianSkater said:
Kuchana.......do u have a favourite skater? What are you basing ur opinions of a boring skater on......skill, appearance etc. (I don't mean to write this in any negative way I was just wondering)

LOL Yes I do actually...a few:) I actually hadn't kept up with skating but on and off so I haven't really paid attention to the new faces out there yet I am intrigued and would like to see how they progress.

I'm mostly a fan of ladies, men's and pairs and very rarely ice dancing. I guess what holds for me towards a particular skater is if they have that ummph factor; a combination of not only skills as you said along with their appearance, energy, presentation, etc. And like I said before, I'm a picky person. Others see it otherwise:)

I guess to explain the reason why my interest in skating went downhill was mostly due to how my favorites retired, especially with Todd and Alexi Y. as well as my ultimate pairs favorite M&D. After they retired, I didn't really have much of an interest nor was interested in maintaining one in those fields since there wasn't anyone that warrented any at the time. The only person that's really keeping me interested in the sport is Michelle and yes I'm very much a fan:) However, my interest in the sport in general is starting to be piqued again of late especially since Michelle will no doubt be retiring in the near future. As for the men, Plushenko is one skater that I've been paying attention to this past year...funny thing is I was turned off before by his presentation. :laugh: I'm also interested in Jeffrey Buttle. Right now my least favorite field to watch is ice dancing. But then that's always been the case:)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Stephen Cousins. What on earth is the big crap with this guy? Just because he has a nice face?

jen_faith2

Spectator
patsue1947 said:
Sorry takura but Sasha is always my bathroom break!

Same here. She leaves me totally cold. I find her "positions" and "postures" artificial and well, dull.

Jen

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
Stephen Cousins. What on earth is the big crap with this guy? Just because he has a nice face?

His Belfast Child program is stunning

I think it's his personality that everyone loves... he's such a sweet guy....

and yeah a nice face doesn't hurt either ;)

merfsk8s

Rinkside
boring

Okay, I know I'm treading on sensitive ground here, what with the recent tragedy in her life, but I find Angela Nikodinov to be a very dull skater. No passion. Even Dick Button said once that she's the kind of skater, that when she skates, that's the time to get up and get a glass of milk....or something like that. Also, Jenny Kirk, another whose skating I find a bit lackluster.....And, the majority of the pros bore me. Though, Todd Eldredge could never bore me....!

Hi, Leprechuan, welcome to the forum.

You know what was cool? Those skating lesson clips they showed with Elvis and the little kids on te CBC coverage of worlds.

Mathman :)

PS. The reason that you could not post on the "Overrated Skaters" thread is that it has been moved to the Archives folder. This happens when there are no new posts for 30 days.

Last edited:

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
I really can't get into Stoijko or Yagudin at all. I don't know if I'd really call them "boring" (...okay, Elvis I would), but they just do nothing for me at all.

And it breaks my heart to say this, but...Brian Boitano. :cry: I have so so SOOOO tried to get into his skating. I want to like him in the worst way. But no matter what programs I see or how many people explain why he's great, I just can't enjoy him very much. Don't get me wrong, technically he's amazing, I just can't get into his style. (Which is weird because he's often compared to Brian Orser, who's tied with Todd Eldredge as my second favorite skater.)(I have weird taste).

Kuchana

On the Ice
tannisming said:
Most boring has to be Kwan. From the looks of the poll results, many agree.

Err no. Look again. Michelle is tied for 2nd with Michael Weiss. The most boring is a pairs team. :biggrin:

Oh and I also find Boitano boring as well.

tannisming said:
Most boring has to be Kwan. From the looks of the poll results, many agree.
And yet, you found her sufficiently interesting to post about her on this poll. That's the funny thing about Michelle. No one is ever neutral about her. Love her or hate her, she always commands the most attention.

MM

Germanice

On the Ice
Mathman said:
And yet, you found her sufficiently interesting to post about her on this poll. That's the funny thing about Michelle. No one is ever neutral about her. Love her or hate her, she always commands the most attention.

MM
What makes you so sure? If the so called "neutral" people don't post anything on Kwan doesn't mean they're not existing. Maybe they just prefer to spend their time online with the support of their favourite skaters? ;)

Anke

Still, it must be comforting to Michelle to know that you still care enough about her to mention her again on this thread.

MM;)

patsue1947

Rinkside
Since this poll began in 2003 I need to update my choices, lol!

In addition to Sasha Cohen, Scott/Dulebon and Butryskia (sp) I need to add Johhny Weir. Actually, I'll drop the pairs team and Maria and just leave it at Cohen and Weir. They were my "bathroom" breaks this past season.