Which skaters do you find extremely boring? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

• Jenni Meno & Todd Sand

Votes: 69 16.0%
  • Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov

Votes: 128 29.6%
  • Tatiana Todmanina & Maxim Marinin

Votes: 65 15.0%
  • Todd Eldredge

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • Timothy Goebel

Votes: 78 18.1%
  • Michael Weiss

Votes: 101 23.4%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

Votes: 60 13.9%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Others - which?

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

cygnus

Rinkside
I have to agree with Petrova and Tikhonov. Zero personality (on the ice- I'm sure that they are very nice people in person!) I would have tied them with Totmianina and Malinin before this year, and while I haven't exactly warmed to the latter (I do wish Tatiana would smile occasionally!), I REALLY enjoyed T/M's Greig short last year, so I have to rate them more interesting that P/T.

Sapphire

Spectator
1. Elvis Stojko
2. Bourne/Kraatz
3. Dubreuil/Lauzon
4. Sasha Cohen
5. Fumie Suguri
6. Jennifer Robinson
7. Alexei Yagudin (I know most people seem to love him, but he just bores me)

Ok, I have nothing against the Canadians. If it seems like I do, its just the listed skaters that don't interest me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what has shocked me is that out of all of them... MICHAEL WEISS has the least amount of votes! LOL

tdnuva

On the Ice
cygnus said:
I have to agree with Petrova and Tikhonov. Zero personality (on the ice- I'm sure that they are very nice people in person!)

Hmmm.... somehow it seems to me that either Petrova is the problem or the combination of those two persons. When I saw Tikhonov skating with a former partner (Inna Volianskaia) I didn't have the impression he would be boring. Though I must admit they appeared in a show, don't know how their competitive programs were if they ever competed together....

blurrysarah

On the Ice
I'm only really a follower of the ladies event, so that's all I comment on. In no particular order:

Irina Slutskaya
Michelle Kwan (at times)
Fumie Suguri
Nancy Kerrigan
Lu Chen

All the big names I can think of at this point. Normally I'd put Sarah Hughes in that list, but I actually enjoyed her more recent programs.

patsue47

Rinkside
I've still gotta go with Sasha being the one skater that can put me to sleep or worse-- channel surf until she's through skating. I was hoping the Campbell's comp would show me a new and improved Sasha--unfortunately it was the same old-same old--(flutzes, over/under rotated jumps, wonky landings, fake musicality) except this time she had on a more hideous costume than the 2002/2003 season.

pairsfan

On the Ice
Maria & Alexei--I hope someone likes their skating. I feel sorry for them. I'm sure that they are very nice people.

Todd
Jenni & Todd
I think it's the name. I've never met anyone named Todd who wasn't boring.

Germanice

On the Ice
Hopefully Maria & Alexei aren't too depressed when reading this, at least they're in VIP-company, after all nobody but the "incomparable" miss kwan is right behind them. (She just gets more endorsements!). :D

Anke

Last edited:

anya_angie

Final Flight
Weiss, Goebel, Yagudin, Kwan.

The last two have had monotonous programs the past few years. Same old, same old, same old, same old, same old........ ahhhh!

Weiss just doesn't have it anymore, if he EVER had it to begin with. As for Tim, if he ever wins an international competition I'll go out looking for the Four Horsemen saying Come and take me! LOL

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, but Alexander Abt. I recognize his talent, but he puts me to sleep.

bumblebee1

Rinkside
I'd have to go with T/M and P/T. Sometimes, I wish I could light a stick of dynamite under them. They look like they're sleep skating.

anya_angie

Final Flight
lol Sorry I meant BIG international ones, like Worlds and Olympics that feature everyone. *blush* Oi, I feel stupid lol.

guinevere

Final Flight
Some not on the list I find "boring" (as opposed to not liking their skating - there are lots of skaters I don't care for, but not because they're boring):

Chenjiang Li
Min Zhang - until I saw him live
Stanilav Timchenko (haven't seen him this year though)
Angela Nikodinov PRIOR TO 2000-01 SEASON
Jennifer Robinson !!!
Josee Chouinard
Chen Lu in her professional career
Caryn Kadavy
Paul Wylie in his professional career

guinevere

That's an interesting list, Guin. I think I like everyone on it, except that I am not very familar with Timchenko.

Mathman

FrozenHeart

Rinkside
I voted for Meno/Sand, but that´s not really a vote against the pair itself. Last year I went to two shows of Katarina Witt in Germany. I wanted to see Yags and Bereshnaya/Sikharulidse in person so badly, but it came out to be no Russian there at all, but Meno/Sand once again. And again and again...
It´s impossible for me to vote for Weiss in this poll. Sometimes I can´t stand this man or at least pity him, but really boring means, that your up for the toilet or the fridge if he´s skating. And it´s not like this at all. :D