Which skaters do you find extremely boring? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

• Jenni Meno & Todd Sand

Votes: 69 16.0%
  • Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov

Votes: 128 29.6%
  • Tatiana Todmanina & Maxim Marinin

Votes: 65 15.0%
  • Todd Eldredge

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • Timothy Goebel

Votes: 78 18.1%
  • Michael Weiss

Votes: 101 23.4%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

Votes: 60 13.9%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Others - which?

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

Eliza

Rinkside
Scott Hamilton is extremely BORING!!!!!
(I've already posted on this thread, but Scott is sooooooo boring that he deserves a second mention)

Eliza

elingrace4eva

Rinkside
Add Sarah Hughes. With the expcetion of her olympic performances, she's almost painful to watch.

I think it's crazy that Sasha's name has come up. Sasha's a lot of things, inconsistent...can be technically bad...has some strange moves...but the girl has attitude. Even if you don't like her, she isn't a boring skater...(I know I should say "I think..." but my 8th grade english teacher told me that you're taken less seriously that way ;))

Kat

Germanice

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Well, Anke, I see that you voted 36 times on this poll so far!:)

Mathman
Well, I'd have voted for Yags. Ya know I'm ALWAYS!!! voting for Yags!!! :D But since he didn't make this list ... what else should I do? ;)

Anke

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Germanice:

Elivis - boring? Never! The excitement he used to create was through his great jumping abilities and his amazing ability to "switch gears" during a performance and throw in an extra jump not expected at the end. Both he and Kurt have this ability. I don't call that boring.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
T&M for sure...

When are they going to lose that Cotton Club program?? That is such a horrible fit for their style - I liked the "skate sleeping" term that someone else used. There is plenty of music out there that would be a much better fit for a more somber style of technical skating.

DG

amazonprincess

Rinkside
P&T as well as Michael Weiss..
Bathroom/food/whatever break programs.

Plus Weiss in his exhibition stuff always does that "lookitt me on the heels of my blades!" thing, and that looks silly. He also humps the ice, which is wierd. It's hard to take someone seriously when they do that. Allthough I know exhibition isn't meant to be serious, still, it's humping the ice for goodness sakes!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL Amazonprincess...

....since you brought up Michael in exhibition weirdness, I'll say it again that he should also keep his clothes on. :)

DG

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Gotta go with Eldredge. Much as I respect his ability and his accomplishments, I just don't feel he can really reach an audience as much as he should be able to do after all the years he's been at it. Too businesslike out there; sometimes he reminds me of someone skating on a pond with no-one around. Totmiannina & Maranin are a definite 2nd -- which is a shame, because they've got the technical ability and good choreography, but I am convinced sometimes that they are in reality androids. No expression whatsoever.

mariana

On the Ice
Totmianina & Marinin
Shen & Zhao
Kwan
Hughes
Droviasko & Vanagas (too clasical for my particular taste)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Boring Skaters

I would say...in no particular order

If you're a Russian pair and your name isn't G/G, M/D, K/D, B/S...you're boring...yeah, you may be a world champions (Petrova/Tikhonov, Shishkova/Naumov, Eltsova/Bushkov), but your skating has about as much personality as a...goldfish. And Totmianina just looks plain mean! Given the choice of washing my roommate's pungent dirty socks or watching them...I think I'll wash the socks...

Lobatcheva and Averbukh do a number on me...definitely make me sleep...better than my Serta mattress...

Vyacheslav Zagorodniuk was more exciting when he missed elements; at least his falls were different each time. Butyrskaya was the same way.

The Hartsells were also more exciting when they missed an element and began crying...true drama right there. I'd give them a 6.0 in artistic impression for those true tears...Karen Kwan, while touted as more artistic than Michelle, just waved arms and called it artistry...her musical choices bored me to tears...

Julia Soldatova should've become a pairs skater. Maybe someone with more charisma would've covered up her...ummm...lack of umph.

Zhengjin Guo (I can't spell his first name)...wonderful jumping, but BOOOORRRRRING (1998 Olympics)

OK..I think I've been too mean. See what happens when you pre-party for new years, and get sober without sleeping it off?!

:laugh:

Disclaimer- I think all the skaters I mentioned could've been exciting. Really, they had the goods to be as exciting as Sasha, or B/S, or G/P, but they just went through the motions. It's like...ummm...making love vs. trying to conceive a child... it becomes a chore after a while...

berthes ghost

Final Flight
What kind of parralell universe am I living in? :laugh:

MK is the 2nd most boring skater in the world? :confused:

Todd, Tim and Nancy are more borin than T&M? WSS? People actually found that interesting? :confused:

Mike Weiss is the least boring skater in the world? :confused:

The only expalination I can possibly think of is people misinterpreted the questions as : "Which famous hyped up skater do you find not as fascinating as all their gushing fans and/or TV comintators?".

Really, MK more boring than Meno & Sand? :laugh:

windspirit

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:
The only expalination I can possibly think of is people misinterpreted the questions as : "Which famous hyped up skater do you find not as fascinating as all their gushing fans and/or TV comintators?"
That too, probably, but I think most people have voted for the people who just fail to hold their interest.

Really, MK more boring than Meno & Sand? :laugh:
Well, Michelle is more visible/popular than Meno & Sand, so it's normal she's going to generate more votes (pro or con) in a poll. Btw, I too, among others (I think you could vote for more than one?), voted for Michelle. I don't deny her anything (she's a great skater, etc.) beside the fact that, for whatever reason, she's just unable to hold my interest. That is all. Maybe I'll change my mind, like I did with Todd (I really enjoy his skating now), but so far I find her rather boring. Last Nats was an exception, so maybe there's hope for me yet. ;)

At the time I'm in the process of changing my mind about Butyrskaya; her professional skating isn't half bad!

When it comes to liking a skater, it doesn't always begin the same. There are skaters who we've liked from the moment we saw them (for me: Yagudin and Plushenko); skaters who we were indifferent towards and that changed with time (for me: Sasha Cohen; it took me a year to begin to like her); and skaters who we specifically didn't like/they bored us to tears, and that changed in time (Todd in my case).

Kasey

Medalist
Windspirit,

I agree with you, so much, about the skaters that never held my interest, that I have come to like....including Eldredge too! Even my MOM (who has always called him not nice things, hee hee) likes him the last two years! Maybe because he is coming out of his same old style a bit, and starting to branch out a little more. (something some other skaters that I DO like, and DON'T find boring, need to maybe do.....I would LOVE to see Michelle Kwan do a HUMOROUS exhibition program!!)

I also agree with whoever said that Butyrskaya has a pretty good time on the ice as a pro! (And actually doesn't seem to stiff-leg her jump landings as much either!)

Not sure who it is who thinks that Mike Weiss, Alexei Yagudin or Scott Hamilton (!) are boring...but of course, there are those who can't imagine me finding La Cohen duller than the dust in my living room (and personally obnoxious to boot!) To each their own!

Kasey

pairsfan

On the Ice
I was wrong. I take it all back. Jenni & Todd and even Todd E. are not boring. I went to SOI last night and they were all great. I'm so glad that I realized this halfway through the show because at the end, I got to shake hands with Todd Sand.

Did anyone notice that Maria Petrova tried to smile at the GPF? She almost had a personality at the end of one of their programs.

Tove

On the Ice
I find Goeble and Honda extremely boring, and also several lower level skaters, like Skorniakov and Zhang I don't think it's an excuse for beeing boring that your on a lower level, since there are skaters who are "lower level" who are definetly not boring, like Smalun and Murvanidze.

brenlynn

On the Ice
michelle kwan. all her programs look the same to me these days, she just changes the music and gets a new costume. i can't tell the difference anymore.

icedancingnut31 said:
I fell asleep during Watanabe and Kido last year at worlds
Oh, no! They're my favorities. They always look like they're having fun!

Mathman :)