Which skaters do you find extremely boring? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

• Jenni Meno & Todd Sand

Votes: 69 16.0%
  • Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov

Votes: 128 29.6%
  • Tatiana Todmanina & Maxim Marinin

Votes: 65 15.0%
  • Todd Eldredge

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • Timothy Goebel

Votes: 78 18.1%
  • Michael Weiss

Votes: 101 23.4%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

Votes: 60 13.9%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Others - which?

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

jesslily

Final Flight
I feel tha Russian pair Totmianina/Marinin are very boring. During performance they don't show any feeling on their face. Somwhow in some competitions the judges put them ahead of Shen/Zhao. Tim Goebal needs a lot of work on his artistry. Honestly speaking he hasn't improved a lot since he took from Frank Carroll.;)

Evdokia

On the Ice
My nominees for this category:

Kwan (not always, but most times), Hughes, Onda, Nelidina (except for the fun factor, when I saw her the first time:D)
Goebel, Chengjang Li, Timchenko, Lindeman, Stojko
TT/MM, P/T and my all time favourites for pairs: Eltsova/Bushkov

Can't think of any dancers at the moment.

jesslily

Final Flight
The Polish pair is boring. I have to check how to spell their names. They have or had not bad music, but their presentations don't interprate the music very well.

Lotta

On the Ice
P/T, T/M, and Wuss. Snore City, yo. :[ T/M's Cotton Club was exciting AT FIRST WATCH, but it was, like.... zzzzzzz.

aliaschick

Rinkside
there are too many!!! Totmianina/Marinin, Petrova/Tikhonov and Zagorska/Siudek are the most boring pairs to me. In men, Weiss for sure, Chengjiang Li, Tim Goebel. Ladies: Julia Sebestyen, Elena Liashenko, Michelle Kwan, Galina Maniachenko. Ice Dance: Fusar-Poli/Margaglio, Grishuk/Platov and Lobacheva/Averbukh were all very boring to me. So are Denkova/Staviyski (this years FD), Gregory/Petukhov and Piche/Denis. And that's all I can think of for now. I tend to forget the boring ones!

Gregor

Rinkside
I hate to say this....Kwan. Her previously thrilling performances have become almost routine.

"Formula" dancers. Since the USA teams are most familiar, Gregory/Petukov, Galler-Rabinowitz/Mitchell. Not to detract from G-R/M, but each program seems to be a variation on the same basic set of themes. The judges would certainly disagree, but I prefer "risk-takers" like Belbin/Agosto, Matthews/Zavozin, to cite only the first couple of teams to pop to mind.

icedancechic

Rinkside
I think the most boring skater is Michelle Kwan- I used to like her programs until she stopped working with Lori Nichol. I loved Lyra and some of her earlier programs, but I found Aranjuez, Tosca, and The Feeling Begins to be rather boring.:sheesh:

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Meno and Sand are so boring that they don't even get voted as top boring pair - they bore people into forgetfulness. They were snore-ville. Seem like nice people, though.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
At the risk of sounding like a goober, I have to say that I do not find any elite skater truly boring. And all the skaters mentioned are elite, whether we want to admit it or not. They have worked hard to get where there are, and are on this poll because they are out there in the limelight for us to watch. Some make me cry with the beauty or expression of their skating more than others, but I still find myself absolutely glued to the t.v., ignoring my fiancee, and the world stopping around me when any elite skater takes to the ice. That's my two cents.

sashasbeau

Rinkside
Somehow Meno/Sand have the least amount of votes when in my opinion are the only pair or skaters for that matter(as well as a few dance teams) who could put me to sleep(though I did basically like them as amateurs)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha Cohen
Petrova/Tikhonov
Totmianina/Marinin
Frederic Dambier
Sale/Pelletier
Amber Corwin

libra 1

Rinkside
windspirit said:
http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/windspirit6/sm/nono.gif

I don't find Goebel that boring. Especially after 2003 Worlds. And even before that his technical skills were enough to hold my interest. But that's me.

The skaters I find, more or less, boring (that I can remember right now):

Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov
Nancy Kerrigan
Maria Butyrskaya
Tara Lipinski
Jennifer Robinson
Totmianina & Marinin (with the exception of their SP, where he wore that costume with leaves; I really enjoyed it)
Matt Savoie
Fumie Suguri (with the exception when she's really on)
Michelle Kwan (with the exception when she's really on)
Scott Hamilton (lately)

The skaters who used to bore me to tears, but no more:
Todd Eldredge

Joubert leaves poor Todd far behind - his programmes bore me to death, not to tears

Libra

euterpe

Medalist
I, too find Joubert boring in the extreme. He is just so STIFF and never looks comfortable and relaxed on the ice.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am always hoping the skaters from the U.S. will win any competition they are in so they are never boring to me because I am so anxious for them to do well. Other than Oksana B. in her first few years as a pro, Kulik, G&G and now Katia, Bourne and Kraatz, Elvis, Phillipe, Kurt, K&P, K&O, and at times A&P most skaters outside of the U.S bore me to death simply because i don't care for them to win. Most exhibitions bore me no matter who the skaters are unless I really like the music they are skating to.

KatyaFan

Rinkside
i would just like to start off by saying i dont mean any disrespect to any skater because its a very demanding sport and not just any person can do it.
in that - my snoozefest starts with my vote for meno and sand. others : todd e, p. wylie, m.kwan, e.sandu, elvis s., b.orser and j.robinson, gorsha and rene.

Vash01

Medalist
Sale & Pelletier - too many lifts, too little 'skating'

Last edited: