Which skaters do you find extremely boring? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

• Jenni Meno & Todd Sand

Votes: 69 16.0%
  • Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov

Votes: 128 29.6%
  • Tatiana Todmanina & Maxim Marinin

Votes: 65 15.0%
  • Todd Eldredge

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • Timothy Goebel

Votes: 78 18.1%
  • Michael Weiss

Votes: 101 23.4%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

Votes: 60 13.9%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 94 21.8%
  • Others - which?

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

BrokenAnkle

Rinkside
I guess I would describes these skaters as more tedious than boring, their shtick just gets old to me

Emanual Sandhu
Alexei Yaguden

BA

Matt

On the Ice
P/T. They're good technically, but they don't really stand out. They always seem to skate to these very heavy sounding pieces of classical music that do them no justice

Vash01

Medalist
At least right now, Joubert does nothing for me. Too robotic, too stiff. May be he will improve.

shine

Record Breaker
BrokenAnkle said:
I guess I would describes these skaters as more tedious than boring, their shtick just gets old to me

Emanual Sandhu
Alexei Yaguden

BA
LOL! Why? Because Elvis Stojko could never be as good and interesting as them? :laugh:

All that Jazz

Rinkside
Actually I wanted to ask the same. :)
I didn't put him in my selection, but Stoyko always was kinda "bathroom break" to me. Nothing but jumps.
:\

BrokenAnkle

Rinkside
shine said:
LOL! Why? Because Elvis Stojko could never be as good and interesting as them? :laugh:

Wow. Well, yes I do love Elvis Stojko,that is my preference. And yes I personally find him more interesting than either of my choices. I do no expect you to have the same taste. We all have different tastes and different things that we find tedious. I would never make fun of you for your choices, why did you do so with mine?

BA

Last edited:

euterpe

Medalist
Elvis Stojko
Jennifer Robinson
Amber Corwin
Frederic Dambier
Brian Joubert alias the Tin Soldier
Viktor Petrenko
Oksana Baiul
Tara Lipinski
Sasha Cohen
Yoshie Onda
Michael Weiss
Ryan Bradley
Totmianina/Marinin
Lobacheva/Averbukh
Cynthia Phaneuf
Nancy Kerrigan
Petrova/Tikhonov
Scott/Dulebohn

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Extremly boring skaters

Petrova/Tikhonov, Totmanina/Marinin top my list. They just don't have any excitement at all.

Here are the rest that bore me.

Kurt Browning
Maria B, never like her at all
Irina
Jennifer Robinson
Amber Corwin

diamond :love:

Kuchana

On the Ice
I'm going to try to generalise here because I can't remember most of the names :sheesh: When I say since '92, it means when I first started watching ice skating in '92.

Amber Corwin
Sarah Hughes
Tara Lipinksi
Tonya Harding
Tonia K.
All U.S. men since '92 except Todd Elderage
All U.S. pairs since '92
All U.S. ice dancing since '92
S & P
Josee C.
Surya B.
Laetitia H.
All the Russian men since '92 except Yags
All the Russian ladies since '92 except Irina and Oksana B.
All the Japanese ladies since '92 except Midori, Yuka S. & Shiz
Takeshi Honda
All the current pairs except S & Z
All the current ice-dancing couples
All the past ice-dancing couples since '92 except T&D
All the past Russian pairs since '92 except M&D and B&S

Last edited:

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
It must be so awful for you to watch figure skating. I can't imagine all the pai nand suffering you have been going through all these years. I hope one day you'll find an exciting sport that doesn't leave you yawning all the time. No one deserves a fate like yours LOL

Kuchana

On the Ice
RIskatingfan said:
It must be so awful for you to watch figure skating. I can't imagine all the pai nand suffering you have been going through all these years. I hope one day you'll find an exciting sport that doesn't leave you yawning all the time. No one deserves a fate like yours LOL

If this is directed at me then yes! I know I'm a picky person :sheesh: Actually my interest in figure skating has waned but I do try to watch it here and there. Let's just say that the few skaters I actually like make up for the boredom I feel towards most of the skaters. :laugh:

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Kuchana said:
If this is directed at me then yes! I know I'm a picky person :sheesh: Actually my interest in figure skating has waned but I do try to watch it here and there. Let's just say that the few skaters I actually like make up for the boredom I feel towards most of the skaters. :laugh:
There's a big difference between being picky and simply not enjoying or understanding skating. That's too bad you belong to the second category, it always saddens me to see non skating fans posting in skating boards. Pretty much your own business though and pretty much you own loss LOL I'll try to remember about this whenever I read eventual posts by you in the future, though. It might be helpful LOL

lisadotdash

Rinkside
Hmmm

Abt is absolutly marvelous but so dern inconsistent. He has a cute face, as well, not like drop-dead gorgeous Yagudin, but he's among my all time favorites.

Alas and alak, my all time boring skater would have to be KWAN. She has that same half smile on her face the whole time, she's always looking up and waving her arms here and there doing the same stuff over and over. If she is in the next Olympics, I will quit watching.

I'm surprised anybody would mention Maria B, just that her her dresses were so beautiful and unlike Kwan, you could see the years of pure struggle on her face, and she was so graceful, doing something that she not only loved loved, but something she had to do, and do well. That to me made her exciting.

Yes, some of the newer Asians are boring, however, Fumie Seguri is just so dern cute, and she is so sweetly inconsistent that you just have to pull for her.

And last but not least, Michael Weiss, he did that stupid Johnnie Comes Marching ALL YEAR, tweaking here and there. It seems like it's all about his gorgeous wife and kids. YAWN.

Kuchana

On the Ice
RIskatingfan said:
There's a big difference between being picky and simply not enjoying or understanding skating. That's too bad you belong to the second category, it always saddens me to see non skating fans posting in skating boards. Pretty much your own business though and pretty much you own loss LOL I'll try to remember about this whenever I read eventual posts by you in the future, though. It might be helpful LOL

Whoa mister. You don't have to attack me by thinking I don't enjoy or understand skating. Who are you to say I don't? How about I enjoy it in my own way even if it doesn't fit into your own definition? What constitutes enjoyment of skating or understanding it? I think it all depends on the individual's perspective. Besides, did I profess to be a skating expert? Err I think not. :sheesh: Simply stated on this thread was what skaters do you find boring and I listed them. I had my own reasons for doing so and I don't think I need to explain to you or anyone else for that matter. You're right. It is my business and while you see it as my loss, I don't and I resent you stating it as such. Simply put, I don't connect to the majority of the skaters like I have with the few that I've actually been able to connect to. Does this mean I'm abnormal because of this? Hardly.. Why can't you understand that without being condesending in your post towards me, which I don't appreciate by the way. And that attack from you about it being saddening that I'm a non-skating fan posting here? Please. Unnecessary as well. Again, who are you question what type of fan I am? Just accept the fact that I am one, even if it doesn't fit your standards. Goodness, we wouldn't want everyone to be like you or me for that matter now would we? Thank goodness it isn't like that. It's always good to have different perspectives (even a non-skating fan) on the sport and I for one will not allow you to dissude me from it because of your patrionizing attitude. What saddens me the most are intolerant and elitist attitudes such as your own just because I or some other other fan may not fit your criteria of what a fan is supposed to be. Whatever happened to trying to appreciate a person's opinion even if you may not agree with them? :sheesh: I'll be sure to remember your attitude in the future.

Last edited:
Lisadotdash, Oh, no, you don't like my favorite gal? Oh well, a big welcome to Golden Skate anyway :laugh: I hope you like it here.

Mathman:)

ceg15

On the Ice
Definitely Michael and Todd...they don't bore me alot-but more than the others! Sorry to any of their fans out there!

CanadianSkater

Rinkside
Boring?

I don't really think any skater is boring...every skater has worked extremely hard to achieve certain asperations and goals.....I just think there r skaters that their style of skating doesn't really appeal to another skater or fan. Personally, I'm a singles skater and would rather watch jumps and spins than watch ice dancing (no offence to ice dancing fans).