View Poll Results: Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jenni Meno & Todd Sand

71 16.14%
  • Maria Petrova & Alexei Tikhonov

129 29.32%
  • Tatiana Todmanina & Maxim Marinin

66 15.00%
  • Todd Eldredge

79 17.95%
  • Timothy Goebel

82 18.64%
  • Michael Weiss

101 22.95%
  • Maria Butyrskaya

61 13.86%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

80 18.18%
  • Michelle Kwan

99 22.50%
  • Others - which?

41 9.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Which skaters do you find extremely boring?

Woman of the Waters
    I'm going to try to generalise here because I can't remember most of the names :sheesh: When I say since '92, it means when I first started watching ice skating in '92.

Amber Corwin
    Sarah Hughes
    Tara Lipinksi
    Tonya Harding
    Tonia K.
    All U.S. men since '92 except Todd Elderage
    All U.S. pairs since '92
    All U.S. ice dancing since '92
    S & P
    Josee C.
    Surya B.
    Laetitia H.
    All the Russian men since '92 except Yags
    All the Russian ladies since '92 except Irina and Oksana B.
    All the Japanese ladies since '92 except Midori, Yuka S. & Shiz
    Takeshi Honda
    All the current pairs except S & Z
    All the current ice-dancing couples
    All the past ice-dancing couples since '92 except T&D
    All the past Russian pairs since '92 except M&D and B&S
    Last edited by Kuchana; 11-21-2004 at 08:20 PM.

Custom Title
    It must be so awful for you to watch figure skating. I can't imagine all the pai nand suffering you have been going through all these years. I hope one day you'll find an exciting sport that doesn't leave you yawning all the time. No one deserves a fate like yours LOL

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by RIskatingfan
    It must be so awful for you to watch figure skating. I can't imagine all the pai nand suffering you have been going through all these years. I hope one day you'll find an exciting sport that doesn't leave you yawning all the time. No one deserves a fate like yours LOL
    If this is directed at me then yes! I know I'm a picky person :sheesh: Actually my interest in figure skating has waned but I do try to watch it here and there. Let's just say that the few skaters I actually like make up for the boredom I feel towards most of the skaters.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    To say the least!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuchana
    If this is directed at me then yes! I know I'm a picky person :sheesh: Actually my interest in figure skating has waned but I do try to watch it here and there. Let's just say that the few skaters I actually like make up for the boredom I feel towards most of the skaters.
    There's a big difference between being picky and simply not enjoying or understanding skating. That's too bad you belong to the second category, it always saddens me to see non skating fans posting in skating boards. Pretty much your own business though and pretty much you own loss LOL I'll try to remember about this whenever I read eventual posts by you in the future, though. It might be helpful LOL

Medalist

Hmmm

Abt is absolutly marvelous but so dern inconsistent. He has a cute face, as well, not like drop-dead gorgeous Yagudin, but he's among my all time favorites.

Alas and alak, my all time boring skater would have to be KWAN. She has that same half smile on her face the whole time, she's always looking up and waving her arms here and there doing the same stuff over and over. If she is in the next Olympics, I will quit watching.

I'm surprised anybody would mention Maria B, just that her her dresses were so beautiful and unlike Kwan, you could see the years of pure struggle on her face, and she was so graceful, doing something that she not only loved loved, but something she had to do, and do well. That to me made her exciting.

Yes, some of the newer Asians are boring, however, Fumie Seguri is just so dern cute, and she is so sweetly inconsistent that you just have to pull for her.

And last but not least, Michael Weiss, he did that stupid Johnnie Comes Marching ALL YEAR, tweaking here and there. It seems like it's all about his gorgeous wife and kids. YAWN.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by RIskatingfan
    There's a big difference between being picky and simply not enjoying or understanding skating. That's too bad you belong to the second category, it always saddens me to see non skating fans posting in skating boards. Pretty much your own business though and pretty much you own loss LOL I'll try to remember about this whenever I read eventual posts by you in the future, though. It might be helpful LOL
    Whoa mister. You don't have to attack me by thinking I don't enjoy or understand skating. Who are you to say I don't? How about I enjoy it in my own way even if it doesn't fit into your own definition? What constitutes enjoyment of skating or understanding it? I think it all depends on the individual's perspective. Besides, did I profess to be a skating expert? Err I think not. :sheesh: Simply stated on this thread was what skaters do you find boring and I listed them. I had my own reasons for doing so and I don't think I need to explain to you or anyone else for that matter. You're right. It is my business and while you see it as my loss, I don't and I resent you stating it as such. Simply put, I don't connect to the majority of the skaters like I have with the few that I've actually been able to connect to. Does this mean I'm abnormal because of this? Hardly.. Why can't you understand that without being condesending in your post towards me, which I don't appreciate by the way. And that attack from you about it being saddening that I'm a non-skating fan posting here? Please. Unnecessary as well. Again, who are you question what type of fan I am? Just accept the fact that I am one, even if it doesn't fit your standards. Goodness, we wouldn't want everyone to be like you or me for that matter now would we? Thank goodness it isn't like that. It's always good to have different perspectives (even a non-skating fan) on the sport and I for one will not allow you to dissude me from it because of your patrionizing attitude. What saddens me the most are intolerant and elitist attitudes such as your own just because I or some other other fan may not fit your criteria of what a fan is supposed to be. Whatever happened to trying to appreciate a person's opinion even if you may not agree with them? :sheesh: I'll be sure to remember your attitude in the future.
    Last edited by Kuchana; 11-26-2004 at 11:32 PM.

Lisadotdash, Oh, no, you don't like my favorite gal? Oh well, a big welcome to Golden Skate anyway I hope you like it here.

Mathman

Definitely Michael and Todd...they don't bore me alot-but more than the others! Sorry to any of their fans out there!

Rinkside

Boring?

I don't really think any skater is boring...every skater has worked extremely hard to achieve certain asperations and goals.....I just think there r skaters that their style of skating doesn't really appeal to another skater or fan. Personally, I'm a singles skater and would rather watch jumps and spins than watch ice dancing (no offence to ice dancing fans).

Rinkside

One question?

Kuchana.......do u have a favourite skater? What are you basing ur opinions of a boring skater on......skill, appearance etc. (I don't mean to write this in any negative way I was just wondering)

Alexei Urmanov....zzzz......zzzz.....zzzz....zzzz

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkater
    Kuchana.......do u have a favourite skater? What are you basing ur opinions of a boring skater on......skill, appearance etc. (I don't mean to write this in any negative way I was just wondering)
    LOL Yes I do actually...a few I actually hadn't kept up with skating but on and off so I haven't really paid attention to the new faces out there yet I am intrigued and would like to see how they progress.

I'm mostly a fan of ladies, men's and pairs and very rarely ice dancing. I guess what holds for me towards a particular skater is if they have that ummph factor; a combination of not only skills as you said along with their appearance, energy, presentation, etc. And like I said before, I'm a picky person. Others see it otherwise

I guess to explain the reason why my interest in skating went downhill was mostly due to how my favorites retired, especially with Todd and Alexi Y. as well as my ultimate pairs favorite M&D. After they retired, I didn't really have much of an interest nor was interested in maintaining one in those fields since there wasn't anyone that warrented any at the time. The only person that's really keeping me interested in the sport is Michelle and yes I'm very much a fan However, my interest in the sport in general is starting to be piqued again of late especially since Michelle will no doubt be retiring in the near future. As for the men, Plushenko is one skater that I've been paying attention to this past year...funny thing is I was turned off before by his presentation. I'm also interested in Jeffrey Buttle. Right now my least favorite field to watch is ice dancing. But then that's always been the case

On the Ice
    Michelle Kwan, hands down!

Custom Title
    Stephen Cousins. What on earth is the big crap with this guy? Just because he has a nice face?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast