Which Program/Programs have Inspired You-So Far | Golden Skate

Which Program/Programs have Inspired You-So Far

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have to say I was a little worried when I heard Jeff was no longer competing who would step up to the plate and take his place. I was absolutley inspired by Joannie Rochettes programs at skate Canada. My "hat is off" to Joannie. I love her long program and find her skating inspriring. I hope this is a good sign for things to come this season.

I also love watching Patrick Chan skate. I thought he might be more of a technical skater, but his artistry and use of edges are really starting to develop. He has a "million dollar" smile when he is out there and can really being the audience in.

:bow::bow:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shawn Sawyer's "Amadeus" program! I love the music of Mozart to begin with, but wow! :clap: :biggrin:

flying camel

Medalist
I haven't seen that many, but I really liked Czisny's LP. I also like Wagner's SP.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Patrick Chan's sp, Alissa's Doctor Zhibago, Yu-Na's Scheherazade, and Shawn's Amadeus.
Patrick Chan was so good he almost made me want to cry:clap:

chocola

Rinkside
Yuna's LP, Joannie's LP, and Patrick's SP are very impressive this season.

All of Lanbiel's programs have inspired me.

Last edited:

kandidy

Final Flight
Yagudin's Man in the Iron Mask.
Joubert's James Bond
Sasha's Romeo and Juliet
Shizuka's Turandot
Mao's Nocturne
Yuna's Lark Ascending
Irina's wonderland
Oh, how can I forget Pluchenko's Sex Bomb!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I only follow men's figure skating, so this is what I've enjoyed the most from the guys for 2008/2009 so far:

- Johnny Weir's SP (I know that I'm going to catch flak for this, but I really did think it was gorgeous!)
- Patrick Chans' SP (What MESMERIZING footwork! :bow:)
- Yannick Ponsero's SP (Just too cool. :cool:)
- Shawn Sawyer's LP (I'm still high from the "high" he gave me from watching it in Ottawa! :love: It's currently my favourite program of the season.)
- Ryan Bradley's LP (Okay, so it's sleaze, not art, but I loved it just the same! :p Also, I got to see it live at SC, so my experience was heightened by the thrill of competition.)
-Jeremy Abbott's SP (He could "sell" it better, but it's a beautiful program.)
-Kristoffer Berntsson LP (I've said it once and I'll say it again: this man is made of AWESOME!!! :rock:)
-Tomas Verner's LP (He lost some steam towards the end at CoC, but I thought his expression was lovely throughout the routine.)

I remember watching a few people around me in the arena getting emotional after his skate.

I was there, too! The Canadian crowd was ecstatic to see Ten skate so well after a not-so-good SP. :)

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer's "Amadeus" program! I love the music of Mozart to begin with, but wow! :clap: :biggrin:

Yes - I must add Shawn Sawyer to my list. I have been a huge Sawyer fan for three or four years now. Shawn does best spins and best spiral positions of any of the men on the planet. I really enjoyed his program. I look forward to seeing him again at the Canadians. It should be an exciting event!!
:bow::bow:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Akiko Suzuki "Dark Eyes" (Finlandia Trophy)
Takahiko Kozuka "Take Five"
Yukari Nakano "Giselle"
Ashley Wagner "Spartacus" (what a girl...)
Joannie Rochette "Summertime"
Patrick Chan's Rachmaninov

Kerrs Free Dance
Domnina-Shabalin Original Dance

and my gorgeous Yu-Na "Sheherazade"

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Kimmie's SP
Ashley's SP & LP
Joannie's LP
Alissa's LP
Yuna's LP
Abbott's SP & LP
Carriere's LP
M/B's LP
M/T's SP
D/W's FD

Bennett

Record Breaker
I've loved Shawn's LP. I just cannot stop talking about him, his program, and his future prospect! I wish his program had less pieces of music because the changes of music are very busy and not necessarily well organized. But still, I think it a masterpiece thanks to the beautiful choreos and Shawn's beautiful moves!

I've also loved Tomas's both programs. He has great charisma and happy energy!! Extremely inspiring!!

I've also loved Mirai's both programs. She's so cute and adorable! I generally prefer happy programs to melancholic ones where skaters make faces. I can watch her skate over and again.

I've loved Yuna's both programs, which has turned me to her fan. She is brilliant performing these. I also absolutely love her costumes. I am also glad that her lines (e.g., leg turnout, stretch) have improved over the years.

lmarie086

Medalist
YANNICK PONSERO

Short program at Skate Canada.

ITA. It was truly spectacular. If he just skated like that all the time...!
That was the first time I ever saw him skate too and gosh, what an introduction!

Have to add:
Kerrs: both dances
Davis/White: both dances
Summersett/Gilles: both dances
Savchenko/Szolkowy: Schindler's List LP(now if they could only skate it clean!)
Jeremy Abbott: both programs
Ashley Wagner: Somewhere in Time SP (haven't seen the LP yet)
V/M(I'll butcher the spelling I know it): Pearl Harbor LP

So I think that's it for each discipline.

Last edited:

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
So far, nothing in dance has really excited me. Of the ladies, my favorite is Kimmie's SP, it works very well for her and she has made great strides. I like Caro's "Swan Lake" LP, even if it does need a little polishing up at this point.