berrycute

On the Ice
Ladies
1 Asada
2 Nagasu
3 Suzuki
4 Wagner
5 Nakano .. Just a wish. I want at least one American for the Final

Something tells me an American girl will get into the final somehow, but I'd say it's more likely Flatt than Nagasu, and I don't think Nakano will implode like that.

Bennett

Record Breaker
.....and I don't think Nakano will implode like that.

When I think of Yukari's jumps, I have never had an impression that she is consistent. When I think of top ladies, she seems to have among the weakest jumps. Yet, she somehow consistently does well overall, which is quite interesting. I wonder if it is more to do with the willpower. I heard before that Fumie was a bit like that. She was not even consistent in practices but somehow did consistently well at comps.

Last edited:

alekzu

Rinkside
Daisuke out. :cry: Nanri in. :clap: I was actually complaining the other day that he only got to participate in one GP event. I'm complaining more about Daisuke withdrawing, sure, but at least there is something good coming out of this.

In the Men's Division, I think the most interesting contest is between Nobunari and Johnny. Both skaters have a very nice lyrical style which I do not consider feminine. Regardless of which one can get higher scores, I can make my own decision as to which one is the most lyrical and dynamic as well.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Men:
Takahashi
Weir
Oda

Ladies:
Asada
Nakano
Wagner

Pairs:
Dube/Davison
Pang/Tong
Inoue/Baldwin

Ice Dance:
I have no idea, lol. With V/M out, there is no clar cut favourite. My gress is that Faiella/Scali, Pechalat/Bourzat and Navarro/Bommentre will be on the podium, but I can't guess the order. Samuelson/Bated could challenge, as could Weaver/Poje (but I doubth that, since they were a little underscored at CoC)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Men:
Takahashi
Weir
Oda
Wow, you missed the big news of the week (other than Joubert's SP at CoR), which has been mentioned on this thread already: Dai is out for the season :frown:. He's getting knee surgery so that (hopefully) he can rehab in time for the Olympic season.

Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
My predictions are never correct, that's why I prefer to analyze, but here goes:

Ladies: Asada [Podium: Japanes Sweep]

Men: Oda [Weir, Carriere]

Pairs: Pang/Tong [Dube/Davison, and I don't know who]

Ice Dance: Virtue/Moir (If they WD, then Faiella/Scali [Pechalat/Borzat, Samuelson/Bates

Bennett

Record Breaker
1. Weir
2. Ponsero
3. Carriere
4. Oda

I feel that Nobu would have nerves (though I hope not).
Ponsero seems to be better than Carriere if both are nearly clean. He just bombed at the previous comp, but tomorrow is another day.

glorydave

Spectator
I will miss Takahashi soooo much.....

Men:
1- Oda
2- Weir
3- Carriere

Ladies:
1- Asada
2- Nakano
3- Wagner

Pairs:
1- Dube/Davison
2- Pang/Tong
3- Inoue/Baldwin?

Ice dancing:
1- Faiella /Scali
2- Pechelat/Bourzat
3-???

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Ladies:

Nakano
Asada
Nagasu

Men:

Oda
Carriere
Weir

Pairs:

Pang/Tong
Dube/Davidson
Inoue/Baldwin

Ice Dancing:

F/S
P/B
N/B

tilak

On the Ice
Men
1. Weir
2. Oda
3. Ponsero

Ladies
1. Asada
2. Nakano
3. Wagner

Pairs
1. Pang/Tong
2. Dube/Davison
3. Inoue/Baldwin

Ice dance
1. Faiella /Scali
2. Pechelat/Bourzat
3. Samuelson/Bates

dutchherder

Final Flight
Men
1. Johnny Weir
2. Nobunari Oda
3. Stephen Carriere

Ladies
1. Mao Asada
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Mirai Nagasu

Pairs
1. Dube/Davison
2. Pang/Tong
3. Inoue/Baldwin

Dance
1. Faiella/Scali
2. Pechalat/Bourzat
3. Novarro/Bommentre

momjudi

On the Ice
Men

Weir
Oda
Carriere

Ladies

Asada
Wagner
Nagasu

Pairs
Pang/Tong
Dube/Davidson
Inoue/Baldwin

Dance

Faiella /Scali
Pechelat/Bourzat
Samuelson/Bates

dancefan77

Rinkside
Dance:
1)Faiella/Scali
2)Pechalat/Bourzat
3)Samuelson/Bates

Pairs:
1)Dube/Davidson
2)Pang/Tong
3)Inoue/Baldwin

Ladies:
1)Asada
2)Nakano
3)Wagner

Men:
1)Weir
2)Ponsero
3)Carriere

i predict the American Ladies will all get URs and wrong edge take-offs. That may be true, and they deserve the penalties, but it just seems no one else gets such drastic mark downs. Am I delusional?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I predict that this event is going to be like all the others with at least one WTH moment in each disipline.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ice-Dance
1. Pechalat / Bourzat
2. Faiella / Scali
3. Samuelson / Bates
I know nothing about this... So it's even more pure fun than the other predictions

Women
1. Akiko Suzuki
2. Yukari Nakano
3. Mao Asada
I do know a bit about this... Yes, it's a tiny bit daring - but what I have seen from Suzuki so far this season was that good. If she keeps it together, doesn't get the 2A-3T downgraded she should be able to lay down 6 clean Triples and her musicality is simply superior. Nakano - well, when was the last time that Lady had a really bad skate in an international competition? She routinely lands at least 5 Triples, has good presentation. In my version of the coming events Asada got hit by the World Champion curse.

Pairs
That's like a really really weak field.
1. Pang / Tong
2. Dube / Davison
3. Inoue / Baldwin

Men
Well. This is so difficult. I say that the "good" skaters will win this over the "solid" skaters. But it's not really objective here, I just want the "good" ones win over the "solid" ones.
1. Ponsero
2. Oda
3. Weir