The Lost Edge | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Lost Edge

Need I list the names that went on to be President...
Quite true. Especially on the Republican side.

Gerald Ford was an all-American center on the University of Michigan football team. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers, but chose to go to Yale Law School instead.

George Bush senior hit .354 as a first baseman at Yale undergrad and went to two Collegiate World Series. George W. never actually played, but he owned the Texas Rangers major league team.

Ronald “Dutch” Reagan was a C student at Eureka College, but excelled at football and was the captain of the swimming team. Later he portrayed “The Gipper” in the famous sports movie “Knute Rockne, All American.”

Teddy Roosevelt was a champion boxer at Harvard and continued his interest in the sport after he was elected President. He staged boxing matches in the Oval Office with members of his cabinet. In one such bout, in 1908, he got hit in the face, suffered a detached retina, and was blind in one eye the rest of his life.

Michelle Kwan, Republican candidate in the 2028 U.S. Presidential election,... :yes:

No still think that point was never made by MM - it was a leap you made. I think the only point was they are child like for as long as they remain in the sport without ever having a break from it until they get out of it. They may, once they leave the sport (i.e. stop competing at that level) then go on to learn to have a "normal" life and grow up a little, which may or may not include having a successfull career outside of that sport, that was never considered in MM's post though.

Ant
OK, I took a leap. I read too much into it. Sorry about that.