Alissa Czisny | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
This is probably the best news I've heard so far this week even though it's only Tuesday. I'm so happy for her and I hope she does well :biggrin:

Last edited:

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Oh happy day :clap::clap:This is fantastic news. I was hoping she would get another spot. Thank you for the link.

Wrlmy

Medalist
This is really the best news. Thank you so much for posting. You made my day!

I'll be happily calculating her winning scenario for next two weeks:biggrin:

turtle

On the Ice
Oh, my. I would do anything to have Alissa in the final. What's her chance? She needs at least a silver here?

Wrlmy

Medalist
Oh, my. I would do anything to have Alissa in the final. What's her chance? She needs at least a silver here?

She needs gold. If she gets silver, she gets 24 gp points and has very little chance.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
YAY!!! Finally all the wishin' and hopin' came true.

Czisny will need to repeat a Bronze for a shot, but a Silver to secure a spot.

Czisny will have luck on her side to. Ladies field is VERY OPEN. Kostner and Meier are the top seeds, but have struggle thus far in the season (though I expect them to improve here as usual.) Suguri, Flatt, and Messiner are among the other main contenders.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Yay! A good news at last.
I was sad to hear about so many skaters withdrawing because of injuries, but this news about Czisny going to COR made my day! Hope she keeps up her good work from Skate Canada and qualify for GPF!!

luvsasha

Final Flight
two words: heck yes!!!
I'm so excited to see her skate again, and a possible shot at the final!

Medusa

Record Breaker
What happened to Jenni?
Considering the fact that she didn't manage to land one Triple at Skate Canada I can imagine that she/her Team probably decided to try to get back in form till Finnish Nationals - and didn't she have some minor injuries to begin with before Skate Canada?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Considering the fact that she didn't manage to land one Triple at Skate Canada I can imagine that she/her Team probably decided to try to get back in form till Finnish Nationals - and didn't she have some minor injuries to begin with before Skate Canada?

She did do very poorly at SC and I was just wondering if she had a major injury.

lmarie086

Medalist
She did do very poorly at SC and I was just wondering if she had a major injury.

I was under the impression that she had had a major growth spurt and that was causing problems with the jumps.

That is probably wrong though, because I cannot recall where I heard that.

turtle

On the Ice
She needs gold. If she gets silver, she gets 24 gp points and has very little chance.

If Alissa gets silver and Fumie bronze (or lower, sorry, Fumie), Alissa has a chance, I think, especially if Alissa's total score from COR is higher than Fumie's score from SOC.

If Czisny can skate CoR with 3 other americans, why could she not skate at TEB?

(Don't get me wrong. I am happy for her, but I'm dumb on regulations)

Wrlmy

Medalist
If Alissa gets silver and Fumie bronze (or lower, sorry, Fumie), Alissa has a chance, I think, especially if Alissa's total score from COR is higher than Fumie's score from SOC.

Sadly, for Alissa to qualify for GPF with a silver, assuming Yu-Na, Mao, Joannie, and Miki (since her total score is higher than Alissa's) all qualify, she needs someone other than Fumie, Rachael, Carolina win COR and Yukari doesn't medal at NHK.

For example,
If CoR: 1 Sarah Meier 2. Alissa 3 Rachael Flatt
NHK: 1 Mao Asada 2 Akiko Suzuki 3 Laura Lepisto
Alissa can qualify but highly unlikely.

If Czisny can skate CoR with 3 other americans, why could she not skate at TEB?

(Don't get me wrong. I am happy for her, but I'm dumb on regulations)

There are only two other American ladies at CoR AFAIK.