Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Practice report?

  1. #1
    mmmmm....Donut spin :) Kimmie Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    198

    Practice report?

    Is there a kind soul on this board that can give us TEB practice report?
    Mucho thanx in advance.

  2. #2
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35
    I second that! Any practice reports will be much appreciated!

  3. #3
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,149
    I think official practices start tomorrow...

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Yes, I would be very interested as well.

    Here is a little trivia for you experts out there ...........

    Who was the last senior American Lady to win a major figure skating competition in Europe?

    Well, if you consider “major” competitions to be Worlds, Olympics, 4CC, Euros and the Grand Prix Series …… and if we exclude Russia as part of Europe, then we have to go all the way back to 2003 when Sasha won this event.

    Has it really been 5 years? I think we are about due.

    Edit to add ..... Even if we include Russia, the result is the same. Sasha won the GP Final in St. Perersburg, but that was the previous year.
    Last edited by PolymerBob; 11-13-2008 at 12:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Yes, I would be very interested as well.

    Here is a little trivia for you experts out there ...........

    Who was the last senior American Lady to win a major figure skating competition in Europe?

    Well, if you consider “major” competitions to be Worlds, Olympics, 4CC, Euros and the Grand Prix Series …… and if we exclude Russia as part of Europe, then we have to go all the way back to 2003 when Sasha won this event.

    Has it really been 5 years? I think we are about due.
    And, pray tell, who can do it? Definitely not anyone in the TEB field.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    And, pray tell, who can do it? Definitely not anyone in the TEB field.
    There are almost no American ladies in the TEB field capable of winning.
    Last edited by PolymerBob; 11-13-2008 at 01:43 PM.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,713
    We have Alissa/Rachael duo at CoR!

  8. #8
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,958
    If you count Junior Worlds, Rachael won a major last year in Sofia, Bulgaria.

    And the year before, Caroline Zhang won in Oberstdorf, Germany.

    In fact, both events were swept by Americans.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-13-2008 at 03:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    And here is yet more TEB trivia to pass the time.

    What, and when, was the last skating competition Joannie Rochette won outside Canada? ...............

    You guessed it, this very same TEB ........ back in 2004.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    264
    Skaters deal with painted ice in Paris
    Field tests the rink at the Trophee Eric Bompard

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    More importantly, the ice was not as smooth at it could have been.

    "We had a motorcycle racing show in the arena last Sunday," an official explained. "As soon as Sunday night, trucks loaded with sand left the arena. When they uncovered the ice beneath it on Monday morning, they realized that there were some colored spots on it, so they had the poor idea of covering them with white paint. The paint floated on the ice and now it prevents it to freeze."

    Skaters wondered what those strange plates were in the middle of their ice sheet, and if they would glide properly. No one really paid any more attention to it after a few resurfacings.
    What in the... They painted the ice???

  11. #11
    Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    a tiny island
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    Skaters deal with painted ice in Paris
    Field tests the rink at the Trophee Eric Bompard

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news


    What in the... They painted the ice???
    It's an ice disaster, but it sounds so ridiculous it's funny. Ice painting!

  12. #12
    /(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lublin, Poland
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    It's an ice disaster, but it sounds so ridiculous it's funny. Ice painting!
    Yeah... I feel bad for the skaters, but I can help but laugh at the guy who thought it up. "Quelle horreur! There are some spots on the ice! ...Oh, I know just what we can do - let's paint it white, surely nobody will notice!"

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    938
    :sheesh:

    I could not find an icon that looked sufficiently horrified

    *shaking head in disbelief*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •