Practice report? | Golden Skate

Practice report?

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Is there a kind soul on this board that can give us TEB practice report?
Mucho thanx in advance.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Yes, I would be very interested as well.

Here is a little trivia for you experts out there ...........

Who was the last senior American Lady to win a major figure skating competition in Europe?

Well, if you consider “major” competitions to be Worlds, Olympics, 4CC, Euros and the Grand Prix Series …… and if we exclude Russia as part of Europe, then we have to go all the way back to 2003 when Sasha won this event. :biggrin:

Has it really been 5 years? I think we are about due.

Edit to add ..... Even if we include Russia, the result is the same. Sasha won the GP Final in St. Perersburg, but that was the previous year.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, I would be very interested as well.

Here is a little trivia for you experts out there ...........

Who was the last senior American Lady to win a major figure skating competition in Europe?

Well, if you consider “major” competitions to be Worlds, Olympics, 4CC, Euros and the Grand Prix Series …… and if we exclude Russia as part of Europe, then we have to go all the way back to 2003 when Sasha won this event. :biggrin:

Has it really been 5 years? I think we are about due.

And, pray tell, who can do it? Definitely not anyone in the TEB field.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you count Junior Worlds, Rachael won a major last year in Sofia, Bulgaria.

And the year before, Caroline Zhang won in Oberstdorf, Germany.

In fact, both events were swept by Americans.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
And here is yet more TEB trivia to pass the time.

What, and when, was the last skating competition Joannie Rochette won outside Canada? ...............

You guessed it, this very same TEB ........ back in 2004. :)

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Skaters deal with painted ice in Paris
Field tests the rink at the Trophee Eric Bompard

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081113&content_id=55579&vkey=ice_news

More importantly, the ice was not as smooth at it could have been.

"We had a motorcycle racing show in the arena last Sunday," an official explained. "As soon as Sunday night, trucks loaded with sand left the arena. When they uncovered the ice beneath it on Monday morning, they realized that there were some colored spots on it, so they had the poor idea of covering them with white paint. The paint floated on the ice and now it prevents it to freeze."

Skaters wondered what those strange plates were in the middle of their ice sheet, and if they would glide properly. No one really paid any more attention to it after a few resurfacings.
What in the... :unsure: They painted the ice??? :scratch:

Okami

On the Ice
:rofl:It's an ice disaster, but it sounds so ridiculous it's funny. Ice painting!:laugh:

Yeah... I feel bad for the skaters, but I can help but laugh at the guy who thought it up. "Quelle horreur! There are some spots on the ice! ...Oh, I know just what we can do - let's paint it white, surely nobody will notice!"

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
:sheesh:

I could not find an icon that looked sufficiently horrified

*shaking head in disbelief*